1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: 35" 5 string bass 19mm spacing (relist for motivated seller)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by G On Bass, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a great bass to see if you like 5 strings, basses with 35" scale, 19mm spacing or all 3!

I was fortunate enough to acquire a really great Lakland 2 weeks after I got this one, otherwise I would be keeping it.

I am really motivated to get this bass in someone else's hands who will give her the play she deserves, so I'm in a generous mood...

I'm going to try my hand at de-fretting this if no one takes it, but I won't have time to start for a couple of weeks, so I figured I'd put her up here until I can do it.

Model: DeArmond Pilot V
    Year built 1999
    Active w Vol/Blend/Treb/Mid/Bass.
    19mm-3/4" string spacing
    Scale is 35"
    Really smooth neck!
    New DR Marcus Miller Stainless Steels strings
    There is a long but not deep scratch between the B string and the top edge of the bass. It is visible in one of the pictures.
    All electronics are in order and I took things off and cleaned them. The truss rod is super smooth and has plenty of room.
    Neck is straight, action is set low with plenty of room in both directions on the bridge.

Trade interests include: Anything! Plus or minus cash! Musically realated or not!

SOLD !

IMG_3338.

Scratch visible here:
    IMG_3340.

IMG_3344.

2. pm

3. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    great bass!

4. Thanks! It's here for the taking!

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Love these! Had one just like it. A great-sounding modern Jazz.

Best of luck to you!

dcr

6. Thanks! It does sound great, especially with the Marcus Miller strings on it. I'm hoping someone jumps on this!

7. Where are you shipping from?

8. I'm in the Los Angeles area. Where are you?

9. De'Armond basses are great! I used to have a midnight blue 5er that I loved. It was my first 5 string and wish I would have kept it.

10. Well now's your chance to get one back! If I hadn't just scored another really special bass, I'd be keeping this.

11. Last bump before de-fretville!

12. PM's replied! Still fretted for now...

13. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    It will be mine. Hopefully.

14. I replied to your PM...

15. Last call before E-bay or defret! (Haven't decided which...)

As expected, it's getting no time behind my Lakies.

I'll consider trades up or down, plus or minus cash on pretty much anything! This is too nice a bass to let sit!

16. PM SENT

17. All PM's replied (thanks for the little flurry of activity!)

18. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.