1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT 5 String Modded Bass Sale - 4 of 'Em!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ModulusQ5-122, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My gas for another Lakland and a Marcus Miller Jazz has brought me to do this. They are all really great sounding basses. The mods are perfect for each one. I probably wont sell them all so if 1 or 2 sell thats probably gonna be it as im only a few 100 short for the Lakland. If they dont sell at these prices I will just keep them because i have too much invested in them. If you are on a budget but still want a great bass with awesome electronics, then here you go! Im also open to trades so let me know what youve got.

First up, Black SX Jazz Bass 5. This one has definitely been played and has its share of bumps, scratches, gouges, dents and what not. It sounds great though. The pickguard doesnt fit exact because its form a fender and the bridge pickup route was done poorly but is covered up by a cool bridge cover! It has been upgraded with a set of Fender pickups out of a 2011 American deluxe and an Audere JZ3 Preamp. Just strung up with a fresh set of DR Hi-beams

Price: $375 Shipped

Picture011.
    Picture012.
    Picture013.
    Picture014.
    Picture017.
    Picture018.
    Picture015.
    Picture016.
    Picture019.

Next up, another SX jazz 5 in sunburst! This bass is in great shape and plays and sounds incredible. Has real blocks and binding. I just dropped Bartolini single coils in it yesterday, they are brand spankin new. Also has an Audere JZ3 preamp and a fresh set of D'addarios.

Price: $475 Shipped

Picture020.
    Picture021.
    Picture022.
    Picture025.
    Picture026.
    Picture027.
    Picture024.
    Picture023.
    Picture028.

Next, a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz 5. This thing literally looks brand new and has some very nice figuring in the wood. Real blocks and binding. It is sporting a set of Aguilar 5J-70. I absolutely love these pickups. This one also has an Audere JZ3 preamp, and a fresh set of Elixir Stainless Strings! The Squier Logo has been replaced with a Fender decal(dont judge me).

Price: $550 Shipped SOLD

Picture039.
    Picture040.
    Picture041.
    Picture044.
    Picture045.
    Picture042.
    Picture043.
    Picture046.

And last but not least, My Cort GB-75. This bass is so awesome. It has been refinished in white with a matching headstock. This finish is almost a satin and the grain can be seen. Its pretty cool I think. It has a set of Lakland USA pickups (the same ones used in the 55-94) and an Aguilar preamp. Also has hipshot tuners and real blocks and binding. 19mm string spacing.

Price: $475 Shipped Sold!

Picture029.
    Picture030.
    Picture032.
    Picture031.
    Picture035.
    Picture036.
    Picture033.
    Picture034.
    Picture037.
    Picture038.

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM sent on the Cort.......

3. Responded!

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Payment sent for the Cort!

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Great collection. That Cort is especially funky.

6. Thanks Tim!!

The Cort is sold to Spencer! Im closing the thread now. I think that one sale will get me where i need. Thanks everyone.

7. I'm gonna open this back up. The 3 jazz basses are left. Open to trades as well. No amps or cabs please.

8. Bump. Id also go for a 2 or 3 for 1 trade. Let me know what youve got.

9. angrydad

angrydad

Jul 31, 2004
    annville,pa.
    Hola,what's the weight and string spacing of the Squier? Thanks.

10. Spacing is 18mm and weight is 10 pounds.

11. The Squier and the Cort are both sold. The 2 SX's are still available and they are great sounding and playing basses. I know the prices may seem a little high for SX but ive got really good electronics in them. Shoot me some offers.

12. bump

13. Bump

14. bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.