1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: 61-62 FENDER PRECISION BASS CLONE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dark Horse, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Alder bodied, nitro finished BEAST of a P Bass. This is a killer bass, and features REAL clay dots, REAL 1964 Fender tuners, Tonerider pickup, NOS capacitor, CTS pots, and a whole bucket of P Bass attitude ! I built this one for myself and it did not disappoint - monumentally great tone, superb action, everything a GREAT P Bass should have. It has done quite a few gigs with me and never disappoints. Absolutely kills most other Precisions out there. Meticulously aged Olympic White nitro, hand rolled fingerboard, hand colored and crafted clay dots ... the works !

So, why am I selling it ? I need a larger rig - my small amp is great, but I need something for bigger stages - and I tried a Aguilar DB750 head the other day and absolutely fell in love with it. I have other great P Basses, so I decided to offer this one up to raise money for the Aggie.

This is gonna hurt, but if I can get the Aggie it will be worth it.

$1600 shipped in the continental USA

Paypal

OR...trade for a Aguilar DB750 (or perhaps a 500 + cash)

OLY1.

OLY4.

OLY5.

OLY6.

OLY8.

OLY9.

OLY16.

OLY14.

OLY13.

OLY12.

OLY15.

OLY17.

OLY3.

2. JerBear80

JerBear80 You smell like cats in here. Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    a pm for you!

3. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    PM's replied !

:D

4. ciubz

ciubz

Jan 30, 2005
    gorgeous bass bump!

5. tb420

tb420

Sep 23, 2008
    So where did the body and neck come from?

6. nellie48

nellie48

Mar 12, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    what happened to the tuner for the A string? Also, why not list the origin of all the parts: body, neck, pups, etc..

7. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    you take nice pix...

8. Nice!

9. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Curious about the origin of the neck/body also - details? Sweet-looking bass.

10. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was repaired long before I got it. The tuners are from 1964. Looks like the clover came loose and was welded back on. It's solid, never had an issue.

See below.

The body is from Guitar Mill. Alder body, medium weight. The neck is from Allparts. I reshaped it to match my 64's "feel", roll the fingerboard edges, remove the pearl dots and replaced them with clay ones that I made and colored myself.

11. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I was writing while you were posting.

:)

Thanks. It's a killer bass - definitely "feels" and "sounds" right. Just a smoking P Bass. I had it in a local shop and the owner said he thought had someone who would buy it immediately....of course that was when I wasn't interested in selling it. If it sits here too long I'll take it back down there though.

12. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks !

If anyone needs any other pics of the bass I'm happy to take them.

13. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here are picks with the guard off (tan line) and of the controls. No expense was spared on this, and it took a TON of work to build "properly".

Sorry about the crappy, flash brightened indoor pics - but I thought a potential buyer would want to see what is "under the hood".

olyz.

olyy.

14. JerBear80

JerBear80 You smell like cats in here. Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    The final pm!

15. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    And...................................