FS/FT : 70's Japanese EB-3 copy by Sterling - "Open Book" headstock

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JimmyThunder, Feb 14, 2009.

1. This is a neat 1970's EB3 style short scaler from those fine, famous folks at Sterling(?). Plays good, sounds great, you know how they do it. Has that "Open Book" headstock design copied right from Gibson's silhouette. In much better than average shape, this must have been out of circulation for most of it's life. A couple of tiny chips here or there, electronics sound good but could use a more thorough cleaning that I ever cared to worry about. Comes with a chipboard case that probably isn't original but is period, in equally good condition.

See those two switches for the pickup selection? They work just fine but I had an idea to make it look a little more authentic I'd replace them with a push-pull pot with a chickenhead knob on it. Never got around to putting it in so I'll throw in the parts if you want 'em.

$150 bucks plus shipping, PayPal preferred.

or, willing to trade for interesting pedals. I'm in the market right now for an EQ and a big muff, I'm a sucker for synthy/autowah weirdness, ahhh heck PM me with anything except chorus.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wafoleri

Wafoleri

Jan 15, 2008
    Greensburg, Pa
    pm sent

3. me too

4. Never heard of them, and Google didn't turn up with anything useful. Can you shed some light on that?

5. Yes.
    I was joking.

6. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    PM'd

7. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    pm'd - any issue with trussrod / neck? its 30 inch scale right?

8. ON HOLD PENDING SWAP

No issues with trussrod or anything like that, no.

I do believe it's 30.5" scale just like the Gibbys. Looks the same sitting next to my EB0.

9. Decided to sell locally rather than ship, thanks anyway y'all.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021