1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: 73 P, Godin A5fl, Stambaugh fretless 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassteban, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2573066775_3c68751770_m.
    Player's 73- first the bad: Ugly refin(orange peel city, sprayed over scratches), routed body/drilled PG for third pot.
    The good: Original(alder)body, neck(*B* 1 5/8" nut), PU, PG, tuners & knobs. Recent professional refret, rewire & setup. I have about $1700 into this one but need money: $1450 shipped CONUS. Paypal preferred but flexible.
    2573076677_3b58475c93_m.
    The Stammie. Gloss poly finish poplar body, mac ebony top & headstock overlay, semi-lined ash/purpleheart/walnut neck w/bare mac ebony FB(only strung w/flats or half-rounds). Passive Barts(V/T V/T+PU selector toggle), hipshot hardware including detuner on the B. 34" scale, 19mm/3/4" spacing, OHSC. I am not aware of a single scratch. Paid $2,000; $1650 shipped/SOLD.
    3403502696_57ba800f9f.
    A5fl deets: Spruce top(noticeable ding near edge of lower/rear end of top; I'll try to take a better pic of it), maple neck, mini-lined ebony fingerboard. Piezo PU & 3-band active EQ. Dunlop single-design Straplocks, medium action, blue-silk(TI?)flats. 1 7/8" nut, 5/8" spacing @ bridge. Original Godin gig bag- much nicer than most; ships fully insured and packed to survive a Jackie Chan movie. $650 shipped/SOLD
    Ask questions here; haggle/make offers via PM.

Edit: Trades I'm after will involve MIJ Ps & Js(especially a Geddy), fretted or fretless. 1.5" nut a MUST.

2. BassSaxMan

BassSaxMan

Jul 11, 2008
    Do you have any clips or full pics of that stambaugh?

3. No clips but I do have more pics, including this: 2573902480_d9d95aa3e7.
    Thanks for asking.
    I may be able to do some clips...

4. I don't suppose you're interested in selling that nice upright of yours, are you?

5. I can't believe you're selling your Stammie. :(

Bump for a beautiful bass!

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Whats the third pot do on the P?

7. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    What a killer deal on the Stambaugh!! Chris is one of the best builders out there, period. I am over loaded, otherwise I would take it away. Good luck! Somebody buy this, they are fantastic at twice the price!

8. mattfong

mattfong

Jan 14, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm just going to say, those Godins are incredible. I have one of the older versions.

9. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    That Stambaugh is beautiful...I was wondering how I could have taken the tax refund check before the wife noticed! Glad you sold it man. ( I don't need another divorce!)

10. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    Rickenbacker for the P?

11. Deleting posts- in reply to all the Q's/comments: I am not interested in selling my DB; I may have a usesable case for the Precision; the 3rd pot on the P was hooked up to an OD module(since removed- now wired vol/tone); on the Ric offer, no thank you:); there is a deposit on the Godin- I will post here when it is fully paid for/shipped.

12. The Godin is now fully paid for. :hyper:
    I will not make a huge effort to move the P but I will keep the thread open for now. Thanks, everyone. :)

Edit: The Godin has shipped.

13. Once-in-awhile bump...
    :ninja: :D

14. I've had some requests for pics & had trouble emailing them, so I'll try here-
    2685274391_5c8e7f4955.
    2686062006_b087d22d64.

15. 2573892260_7690dfc9fc.
    2573063403_b77dbb19be.

16. Help-me-stmulate-the-TB-economy-bump. ;)

17. Aaaand...

Tuh-RADED to my brothah, the TB dealer of all TB dealers, the incomparable Quadzilla. :hyper:

Edit: I will lock this when the deal is complete. :)
    Edit#2: The P-Bass is in the hands of UPS. Quadzilla is the man. Locked up.
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.