Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT '82 G&L L2000 $600 obo or trade for 5string

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TheLarch, Oct 23, 2002.

1. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

Howdy!

As much as I love the tone of my old-skool G&L L2000e, my little-girly hands get tired on the 1.75" p-width neck. And as I also have a G&L ASAT, I figure it's kind of silly to have two of essentially the same bass, especially since the ASAT is getting all the work these days as it has the jazz-width neck that I need. To be honest, of the two, the L2000 has the better tone but the ASAT works better for me ergonomically.

Basic Specs:
    - natural swamp ash body
    - maple neck with original style headstock (no eye-gouger) and skunk stripe
    - neck is straight with medium action (my preference)
    - frets are in good shape although sporting some wear
    - Schaller strap-locks
    - weighs approx. 9 3/4 lbs
    - non-original black barrel style knobs
    - original G&L hardshell case

This bass has been played and not relegated to under the bed. It sports the expected wear of a 20 year-old warrior with various dings and scratches and lacquer checking. The only flaw I am aware of is that a pickup screw broke, but as it is stable, I left it in place.

Some Photos:

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=rudycat&p=swales&AID=226905

Here are some of my basic requirements but I am really quite flexible:

narrow-width neck
    American, European or Japanese (NO Ibanez, well maybe)
    Korean Lakland or MTD are ok

NO Wishnevsky's

I'd also consider GOOD quality combo amps (SWR, EDEN, etc).

Cash always works, too, and if you want to purchase, I'm looking for $575 obo.

Feel free to email me at "sjswalsky@yahoo.com" should you have any questions or proposals.

Thanks!

Stephen

2. TheLarch

LOWER PRICE!!!!!!

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Dude, you NEED to whip up a potential trade at the Bass Palace. The Swami, aka Bob, sells his soul for G&L's, particularly older ones. I am not affiliated with him in any way. I have only dealt with him and Bernardo. They're cool guys and will trade straight across providing both instruments are of equal value. I traded a 4 for a 5 quite awhile ago with no hassle at all. Just a thought.

www.basspalace.com

4. TheLarch

Thanks for the heads-up!