1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT '84 MIJ Ibanez Musician: As Is

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mazareth, May 3, 2010.

1. Hello TBers,

The post title says it all. This bass is a rescue that I was hoping to refurbish into a playable bass. After some reading and research, I realized that I don't have the tools, skills or time to do the job. I also mostly play shortscale instruments.

This bass was "rode hard and put up wet" before I got her. There major finish chips, some fretwear, missing knobs and tuners, etc. I have opened up the bass. As far as I can tell all the electronics are intact. I don't know what works and what doesn't hence the "as is."

Here's what I know: 34" scale, neckthrough, ebony fretboard, P/J pickup configuration, 9V preamp.

I'm new to pricing something like this, so I'm happy to take advice on a fair price or trade value. I'd like to get $200 + shipping.

In trade I'm looking for shortscale instruments like a Cort Action Jr, Samick Corsair C1-3, Ibanez Mikro, etc.

Link to photos: http://tinyurl.com/249ged6

jszv5t.

rasod0.

5xlces.

2s7fa0x.

fbzzgw.

Peace,

Mark from Wisconsin

2. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I believe that's an Ibanez Musician, not Musicmaster.

I used to have one like this. (cept with "natural" finish) It was a cool bass - I especially dug the electronics, which had a passive tone knob AND a 3-band EQ that could be bypassed in passive mode.

The stock hardware on mine was not the greatest. The busted tuner is a good cue to go ahead and upgrade the whole set with nice, reliable modern gears. Also, heads-up: be gentle with the bridge - mine became unserviceable with a seized intonation screw.

Bump for a nice project. :cool:

3. Corrected model name. Thank you Jefenator!

4. Bump for being back on the market.

5. Shipping out later today. Thanks to all who expressed an interest in this bass.

Mark