Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT 94 Sterling w/Moses Graphite neck $750 obo

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jasonbraatz, Aug 3, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    1994 MusicMan Sterling
    • owned by me since 1995
    • Transparent Red w/BWB Pickguard
    • 3 band EQ w/ Parallel-Single-Series switching
    • Rare bridge with string mutes
    • birdseye/rosewood neck (defretted, twisted & not on the bass)

Modifications:
    • Moses Graphite neck (has a fender headstock but is correct for the sterling) fits tight. sounds great, adds a darker vibe to the bass but with some added sparkle to the highs. fretwork was done by Sadowsky (at least, that's what the person i bought it from says. you don't have to believe me or not, because i'm not sure if i do. but the frets might as well be because they're PERFECT.) every bassist in town who's touched it has gone :eek: over how great this thing plays.
    • Dunlop dual-design straploks

The not so sweet:
    • has really 2 dings. one very small by the pickup selector, and one pretty decent by the control plate (you can see it in the picture of the back) from where the strap let go and it hit a tile floor.
    • MM tuners are apparently shorter than fender tuners, because the tuning ears hit the headstock a little (or...they used to. they kinda scraped away what was interfering. nothing bad or that affects tuning)
    • the original neck is in bad shape. defretted, twisted, releveled...i wouldn't put it back on.
    • the bass doesn't fit in its MM case as is - but i'd remove the moses neck for shipping. i can't really part with my gig bag right now so i don't have anything else to ship it in

so - what if you want a sterling but don't want the graphite neck for some weird reason? well i talked to my local musicman dealer and they said it'd be $250 bucks plus the serial number off the bass and a few week wait and then when you picked up the new neck you'd have to give the dealer the neck to ship back to musicman. i purchased the moses neck off ebay for a little over $200 dollars, and i'm sure you could make nearly the same selling it here or on ebay again. so - it's up to you. awesome graphite neck or use the original to get a brand new musicman neck in your choice of fretted/fretless, maple or rosewood. what a deal, eh? ;)

being so out of the ordinary i'll be pretty open to offers. as for trades, i'm looking for:
    • G&L L-2000, preferably one with a #6/jazz neck but either way is fine. rosewood board preferred.
    • Warwicks. wenge neck STRONGLY preferred. either a 4 string fretted or a 5/6 string fretless.

i'd do any of those straight up no cash required. hit me up for anything else you might have, but unless it's something REALLY REALLY cool (elrick, fodera, F bass, sadowsky, etc...) don't bother.

i'm selling this bass because i'm not a big fan of the single pickup sound - and because i want more warwicks!!!!

[​IMG]
    there she is...make me an offer.

CHEERS.
    • i
    • lists :)

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    bizzump

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    TTT

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    come on, make me some offers!

:D :D :( :D :D

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how about this bass as a trade?

steve

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    TTT

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    well the guy who i bought the neck from contacted me, and says not only the fret dressing was done by sadowsky, but he drilled the neck holes too. no wonder they fit so well!!!

8. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i think i might have a buyer locally for this bass, but it's a decent bit lower price than what i'm asking. he says he'll have the money in a week or so.

make me an offer. think LOW.

9. Trade ya a bass pandora :) hehe

10. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    ok, i'll spill the beans.

right now my local buyer is at $600.

so i guess $650 + shipping would be enough to get it from him.

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    man that looks good.
    but it would take me a couple of weeks to get the money.
    if it is still avalible then i will buy it.

steve

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    still available

13. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    bump

i can go no lower than 600 + shipping.

pick it up now or it goes to ebay on friday.