1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT '94 Warwick Thumb NT 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by popinfresh, Sep 30, 2008.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Ok, I really don't want to let this go straight up, but if someone has the cash then I will as I don't play it as much as I should, and it's too good to just sit around.

It's a 1994 Warwick Thumb, neck through, 5 string. It's a beautiful bass, bubinga body, bubinga/wenge neck and plays sooo well (i'm used to a Sterling neck, so it's definitely not a 'baseball bat' as some people describe the newer necks). And has that incredible thumb sound, especially with the wenge.

I bought it for over $3600 almost a year ago from bass centre here in Melbourne, but with a loan, traveling coming up, being made redundant at work and other things, I just can't justify having that amount of money just sitting there having no use :(

There's really only one bass i'd really like to swap for, which would be a 5 string Streamer Stg II, preferably pre '99, though perhaps others might interest me.

Want any more info just ask. It comes with a really nice gig bag but no hard case, i'm willing to ship it anywhere if it's insured, and i'll do all I can to protect it in shipping (was thinking of making a small crate out of ply etc for it if it's not too heavy).

The only thing is one of the knobs is silver, I was meant to be sent a replacement from bass centre when I bought it but I never chased it up. Can do that if anyone is interested.

Looking for $3500ONO ($AUS).

I'll also include the strap (worth $100). It's a bloody awesome strap, and really takes the weight of the bass away.

DSCF0787.

DSCF0794.

DSCF0793.

DSCF0795.

DSCF0796.

2. l still want it, just too much for my wallet right now...:(

3. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    weight?

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    To be honest I really have no idea (and don't have any scales). I'll try find somewhere to weigh it if you're interested. They're generally heavy basses, but it's not over the top. Using it with a good strap is just like any other bass. FWIW I have back problems and use it fine.

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Quick bump.

6. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bump!

$3150 for a TB'er. SSII has come up and i'd really like to grab it.

7. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    come on guys, no interest? I've moved away for a few months and the thumbs still at home so it's gotta go.
    $3k otherwise i'm selling it to a shop (get the same price for it). Pm me if interested as i check this on my phone and it's much easier.
    Cheers