1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: 97' Rickenbacker 4003 in Fireglo!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by willsellout, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Employee
    SOLD!

I closed the other thread down as this one is now for sale and/or trade. I'm asking 1350.00 plus shipping. Local deals get local pricing:D

This is a 1997 Ric in Fireglo in outstanding shape. There is very little signs of use, just some minor wear. There was a bit of fret sprout at some point in a couple spots in the underside of the neck, which put some small cracks in the binding. The binding everywhere else is clean.

There has been some work done on this bass. It has had the following done:
    -Completely shielded
    -Fret level and crown
    -upgraded pickups with adjustable pole pieces
    -Hipshot replacement bridge (I still have the original)
    -Treble bezel
    -It is now mono only. It is not equipped for Ric-O-Sound. If you wanted to get it stock, there are several inexpensive options to do so.

I consider all of these, with the exception of the mono output, upgrades. The bass plays great, it's dead quiet, and she's ready to go! Now if you are one of those people who couldn't get past the chunky Ric necks, this is the bass for you! The neck on this bass is something special. Thin from front to back and extremely comfy to play. I've never played a Ric with a better neck. I do have the bridge pickup surround and the original bridge. You get your choice of which bridge you'd like to have.

With that said, here are some trades I'd be interested in +/- cash:
    Lakland, Peavey, Warwick, G&L, Fender and maybe a few others. Throw me some ideas and I'll let you know. I could also be interested in certain amplifiers and vintage tube amps.

Honestly, I'm really leaning towards a sale on this one though, hopefully. I'd like to custom order a nice G&L L2K. PM me with any questions!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.