1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Acme Low B2 Series II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pgurns, Sep 8, 2008.

1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    EDITED NOT INTERESTED IN TRADES ANYMORE.

I'll sell it for 340.00 or best offer.

I got this from another TB'er a few months ago and I have since put 2 brand new Acme woofers in it that I bought direct from Andy at Acme Sound. 1 speaker didn't sound quite right when I got it so rather than screw around I just bought 2 new woofers which cost me 190 bucks. I have the receipt dated with any warranty info that would pertain. This is a chance to get a like new cab with the latest and greatest speakers literally with about 10 hours time on them. I just bought an Eden so this needs to go. Make a reasonable offer.

Heres a link to the original thread with pics.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422030

I'll take new pics if anyone cares to see them lemme know.

Paul

2. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Got an Eden coming and I need to move this. C'mon guys someone help me out. Got few PM's but othing solid yet

3. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Weekend bump. I have the Eden coming Wednesday of this week and hoped to have this gone by then. If the Eden gets here and this has not sold It'll be off to the Bay and Craigslist. I would love to keep both but my financial planner (the wife) will never allow it lol

This thing sounds great and has 2 brand new woofers in it. I think it's a great deal at this price but I'm open to reasonable offers or maybe some trades if it's something I can turn around and sell to get the cash back for the Eden.

4. Did you buy the new speakers from Andy Lewis? Are they the same proprietary 10" drivers that Andy has Eminence make exclusively for Acme?

Bluesy Soul :cool:

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    yup they were bought direct from Andy at Acme. I'm sure you could call him to verify it plus I have the receipt that will be included with the cab as well. They are actually a newer/better version than was in it when it was new. Andy said the circumference of the cone is stiffer to better withstand cone creasing due to large cone excursions.

6. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    $190 for the pair of woofers, wow... I bought some last year from Andy for only $50 each. Guess inflation has hit Eminence and caused them to charge more for their custom speaker designs.

7. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Who knows, seems like everything is going up. Maybe I just rubbed him the wrong way when I called LOL there was a core charge so I got some money back when I returned the old ones can't remember how much but as recall It was not much