1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Alan Knight Relic P Bass 1 1/2 Nut & PJ Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NYCBass, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCBass

NYCBass If it feels good it must be a Jazz Bass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    Alan Knight is a UK Builder http://www.myspace.com/bigal024 who dose very nice relic work and this one is at the top of his performance. The Bass has a three piece alder body with a maple neck with a little flame in it. The neck is a Jazz Bass spec with a 1 1/2 nut. The PJ pickups are Duncan 60's series. I had the Jazz Pickup added after I got the Bass and had it mounted in the 60's position. The pickup covers and the side football jack are new as from the work. It has a fairly new set of Thomastik flat wound strings on it.

This is a great sounding and playing Bass with a straight neck and low action ! ! ! It feels great and comes in at at a very nice 8.6 pounds. The Bass will ship in a new Fender Gigbag.

[DEL]850.00[/DEL] 800.00 Shipped in the Lower 48. I am not shipping outside of that. The only trade I would consider would be for a Genz Benz GB 1288T-UQ, GB 212T-UB or a GB 115T-UB.
    Contact me with any questions.

DSC_0001-3.jpg
    DSC_0003-2.jpg
    DSC_0004-2.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg

Also up for sale http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-tc-electronic-rs112-rs210-cabs-local-nyc-887772/

2. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    All PM's Replied To

3. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    This is a Really Great Playing and Sounding Bass Bump ! ! !

4. extreme

extreme Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    I believe that's originally a Squier neck, correct? How does it play? Is it straight? Can it be set up with low action?

5. Beautiful... I'm not familiar with the pickups though. What are they like?

6. ulynch

ulynch

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    What does "the 60's position" mean?

(Cool bass too, btw :) )

7. pal1972

pal1972

Jan 19, 2009
    gorgeous!!! sadly I'm in the UK so this makes this somewhat financially difficult, however I have managed to contact Alan to see about something similar!

8. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    Yes the neck is a Fender Squier. The rod works perfectly, the neck is straight and is setup now with low action.

The pickups have a very good vintage Fender tone.

The 60's position is a little closer to the neck then the Basses from the 70's to know. I find it to sound much better in the PJ configuration.

The link to his Facebook page is in the post.

9. I'm definitely interested, don't get paid for another week though. Guess I'll just cross my fingers that it's still around.

10. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    That's the best looking relic job I've seen!

11. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    A friend of mine used to have a 59 P Bass and the body looked almost identical. He did a great job with that. GLWTS

12. I bought this bass twicealready. I wish I could afford a third

13. satellite4

satellite4

May 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Awesome relic job..I really like this one

14. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    Price Reduction

15. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    This used to be mine too. She's great and I wish I had some trade bait for you for it.

16. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    I'm going to keep the Bass after all. It's too nice to let go for what I have been offered for it .Thanks for all the interest in the Bass.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.