1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Alembic Stanley Clarke Brown Bass w/ Green LEDs (RELIST)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Juggernaught, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (posted again because I couldn't edit anymore)
    This bass is the real deal, folks. Amazing construction from the folks over at Alembic in Santa Rosa, CA. This bass sounds and feels amazing. It's an incredible instrument, but I'm all about 34", Alder, and active bypass now. Compared to the Sadowsky, this one has some major tone despite the short scale. Full, rich, and complicated, like double dutch chocolate cake. (Sorry for the cheesy analogy :smug:)

Straight sale price: $3,800 + shipping
    These go for 8-9k new. Get one for less than half the price!

Trades(+ or - $$): any fretted bass with Alder body(possibly will consider swamp ash or even walnut), maple neck, and active electronics with active bypass. Single coils or dual coils with coil tap (preferred). Jazz spacing and neck feel. Prefer 4 but will consider 5 if it has a nice neck. Prefer maple, birdseye maple, or ebony fretboard. 34" preferred, 35" OK for 5 stings, no 36" please.

Brands I'm looking for (in order of interest and not limited to):
    Fodera
    Alleva Coppola
    Stambaugh
    STR
    Sadowsky NYC
    Valenti
    Nordy
    LEJ
    Lakland 44-94 or 55-94
    MTD

I may consider a 34" scale Alembic

No Fenders, thanks. No wenge or mahogany necks.

I'll only put down cash for a Fodera, all others the cash should come from your end (though maybe a straight trade for an Alleva, depending). Please keep offers fair: I'm not in a hurry to get rid of this bass as a super deal for someone. If you want a SC Brown and got something I'd like, we might be able to work something out. If you're looking to make a profit you should keep on walking.

On to the bass: It's a standard 2005 Alembic Brown Bass with Green LEDs.
    Myrtle body and figured walnut top and back.
    Flame walnut headstock top.
    5 piece mahogany, maple, walnut neck.
    Short scale.
    1.5" at nut, 2.151" at 24th fret.
    Ebony fingerboard with Abalone oval inlays.
    Standard Alembic brass hardware
    Alembic pickups.
    Alembic Anniversary electronics.
    Original hard shell case.
    Schaller strap locks with Levi's strap.

The condition is great, though it has a few boo-boos from a shipping accident (pictured below, on the left side of the bass when the bass is facing you). It looks *way* worse in the picture than in person. Does not effect functionality. Some minute dings. Some finish blemishes, one notably near the neck pickup from my thumbnail. Minor scratches on the back brass plate.

There was a neck relief problem a year ago, but I sent it to Alembic and it's absolutely perfect. The bass is absolutely 100% perfect Alembic certified condition as far as functionality.

The pics (more on request):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Buy this bass!
    You know you want it.
    God gave you 2 kidneys...

Tom

3. LOL

4. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Free bump

Maybe the best way to spend your tax refund?

5. Way cool bass and a good TB'er Bump for you. ;) Luck on the sale Bro.

6. Thanks guys! Bump!

7. Some cool trade offers, but still available!

8. Still more interested trade offers coming, but nothing has hit the mark yet.

9. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Nice bass, the dings and wear spots are unfortunate. I like the wood color though.

10. "Unfortunate" is maybe a strong word. Maybe for a collector, but IMO basses are meant to be played and this one is no exception! This bass ain't just another pretty face: it's got a killer tone and feel with an amazing response. This bass'll make you *look* good on stage, but it's got the build quality to play up to that look! (as long as you got the skills) ;)

I'm a one bass kind of guy, otherwise I might just hang on to it. Someone buy this, make it your main bass, and play the hell out of it! :hyper:

11. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    I agree, I bought my Distillate with the same kind of problem and boy if I did the right thing! Just filled it with super glue to keep the wood sealed, upon suggestion from the factory, to avoid an expensive refinish and I'm loving it.
    Once you start to enjoy the bass for its quality you'll forget about everything else, guaranteed!

12. Your taking kidneys on trade? If so ill take it! haha ;) good luck on the sale man. Bump for a beautiful bass

13. Kidney? How much are those going on the open market these adays?

14. Isn't saving a life priceless? haha JK..:D if i had the money i would buy it.... i am window washing all summer long. if it is still avalible in several months, than i will look into it. but now i am poor....:bawl: i hope this is still around.

15. Also, can i have more photos? like one with the led's on... i love this bass so much!! my e-mail is yankovic44@gmail.com

16. Sure. Gotta dig it outta the box but I can get a led pic or 2 up soon.

17. LED pics soon, I swear. Bump.

18. sure you do :):D:p

19. Plantbrain

Plantbrain

Oct 9, 2006
    Take the LED pics in low low light.
    Normal lighting often does not highlight them enough.
    Free bump too

Tom

20. Finally found my long lost camera cable, so I'll have some LED pictures up tonight. For now, a price drop!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.