Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: Almost New SWR Head Racked w Rack Tuner Avatar CB112

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Update: Avatar Cab is no longer for sale but SWR head and rack tuner still are

SWR Head about 3 - 4 weeks old, never been out of my basement racked (in OEM rack) with a Sabine 1601 rack tuner. I have the original box, power cord, manual and warranty card (I have not even registered it yet, but you can) for the head. As you can see from the pics, the head is a little bit larger than my cab and I wanted this to be my "mini rig". I want a smaller, lighter head like EA or Eden, etc. Class D would be nice. I'd be willing to trade this head plus some cash towards something smaller and lighter. If you have a NICE (not cheap) combo like a Nemesis or Ampeg B100R, etc, I'd consider those too.

I may give up my cab too for a trade on a combo. The cab is an 8 ohm Avatar CB112. Avatar is no longer making these and it's a shame because it has a Eminence Kappa 12 vs the lower end Delta's he's using now. The Kappa has an 80 oz magnet vs the 56 oz in the Delta. Cab has seen little use in my basement and NO GIGS. The "rat fur" covering the cab is a little fuzzy in a couple spots due to a cat I no longer own (guess why the cat is gone ;) ).

I'll sell the head and tuner outright for $300 + shipping OR the whole package (including cab) for $450 + shipping. Pics below. Feel free to check my feedback (which is perfect) here on TB --> Quad's Feedback

The head alone goes for $450 - $529 most places online (check wwbw.com, music123.com, guitarbargains.com, etc)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Quadzilla

The Workingman's 2004 Bass Head

Loaded with all the necessary tools for live gigging, this 200-watt head was made for the working musician. For the ultimate convenience and portability, the 2004 is housed in a durable carpeted road case with a built-in extra rack space for your effects. For the ultimate in tonal flexibility, the 2004 features an Aural Enhancer, Side Chain Effects Loop, and Automatic Limiter/Compressor with Limiter Defeat switch. Tune silently on stage with its built-in Tuner Out and plug into its Stereo Headphone jack for an intense, private practice experience.

The 2004 also features an XLR Balanced Out to run your signal directly to the P.A. or recording console and two independent Input jacks to accommodate active and passive instruments.

Front Panel Features

Steel Chassis enclosed in carpeted rack
    Stack Lock Corners and strap handle
    Single Open Rack Space for effects unit of your choice
    Discrete solid state front end
    Stereo Headphone Jack
    Hi and low sensitivity 1/4" inputs
    Gain control with LED peak clipping indicator
    Automatic limiter/compressor
    Limiter defeat switch
    Limiter Active LED
    Aural Enhancer Control
    Active EQ with semi-parametric midrange
    Variable Limiter
    Speaker on/off switch
    Effects Blend Control

3. Quadzilla

All 4 PM's recieved replied to. As a side note, I'm not selling the cab until I know what's going on with the head. I'd really prefer to keep the cab, sell or trade the head, get a lighter head and let that be my little rig. If by chance somebody offers me the right deal on a high-end combo or killer head, I'd consider parting with the cab.

4. what about my pre-gibson trace elliot 1x15 combo for the cab + some cash?

-todd

5. Quadzilla

Todd,

Again, don't really want to part with the cab unless it's well worth it as you can't get this cab anymore and not many were made and the cab kicks major booty. Anyway, shoot me pics, specs and condition to fredy@comcast.net.

Thanks

6. Quadzilla

One more bump and off to "Da Bay" she goes...

7. Quadzilla

It's on Ebay (no I will not post a link here, per TB rules). It's still avail to TBers also.