Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS / FT: Ampeg SVP-CL preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mikeyvr6, Mar 3, 2006.

1. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    With a new project off the ground that's playing a greater variety of music I'm on the hunt for a little bit of a change tonally. I bought this pre new from BassNW in July of 2004. It's a great pre that can nail the 70s SVT vibe yet offers a good deal of variety. Dead quiet with a fantastic DI to boot. Includes JJ and NOS JAN/Philips tubes, which offer a nice improvement over the stock Sovtek/EH jobbers. Original documentation and sales receipt included, allowing the warranty to transfer to you which is good 'til July 2009!

What I'm looking for in trade in order of preference, with any additional cash to be decided upon:

Genz Benz GBE-600 head
    Fender TBP-1 preamp

I'm really jonesing for the Genz Benz, but am willing to entertain trade offers on other 2-ohm capable heads.

Outright price: $425 shipped via FedEx Ground to the lower 48 only.

[​IMG]

Click here for unracked, higher res pics

Seller references here

PM or email with any questions/offers. Thanks!

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

3. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    PMs sent. Thanks for the offers guys, but she's still up for grabs.

4. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    I hate to do this so quick guys, but last call before she hits ebay! Thought I had a month between gigs that I need the high power setup for...until I got a call from my bandleader last night and he booked two shows during this month. Can't do these shows with my V-4, and GAS has gotten the best of me.

Last call for the CL...going up on the 'bay tomorrow, Wed. 3/8!

5. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    So I was on the fence last night but I bought your precious preamp today on ebay. :D Stoopid ebay - gear is for kids.

6. mikeyvr6

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    Wow man, thanks a bunch! You should have PM'd me first and I would have dropped the shipping charge off there for ya. Tell you what--I'll include the original EH and Sovtek tubes to make up for you paying the shipping charges. Is that cool with you? I'll get it shipped out tomorrow and I'll PM you the tracking number.

Thanks again!
    Mike

7. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Awesome. The funny thing was I actually thought you were going to include the tubes - Phew :smug: that was a close one.

Thanks again,

Now what to do about that pesky T-Funk!!!:D