Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT-Ampeg SVT-1540HE Cabinet

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scott D, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey, It seems that my band is splitting ways for a little bit, so I have to downsize. All I really need is a 4x10 or a 2x12. I'd look for an even trade for something in the SWR, Eden, Ashdown, or Boogie area. I'd prefer local trades/sales, because this is one big motha. But shipping is a possibility. I remember KingOfAmps talking about some shipping company he used to have an 8x10 sent to him, and it cost him $55, and he had to pick it up at the airport or something. It is in perfect working shape, and I'd say an 8/10 cosmetically. I've got a few pics, and I could get some more. This cabinet is a 4x10/1x15 combination. It is Bi-Ampable, and has 2 4 ohm sections, or an 8 ohm full range input. This cab is the size of an 8x10, and has the tilt-back casters + towel bar. Really a killer sound. It could tackle any stage. I've played shows with it to about 200 people, on it's own, and it's been just fine. Doesn't distort or anything. Gets massive lows from it's ported 15" enclosure, and gets great thump and boom from the sealed 4x10. It's a best of both worlds combo. This is very durable. Very solid cab. Is a '93 model, and I got it from the original owner. He took good care of it, and never pushed it hard. Make me an offer for the sale. I'd be way more interested in trading, because I just need a 4x10. This is a Classic series ampeg. Attached are a few pics... They aren't the best quality.

Peace,
    Scott D.
    Here's a Review on this Cab from Harmony Central BTW-He got some of the power ratings wrong, I actually have the '94 Ampeg Catalog...

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    One more pic. Oh- On the first pic, that sticker is now removed. Didn't leave any marks or anything.

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Bump...

This is a great, solid cabinet.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I have two Goliath Jr's I'd be willing to trade.

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    All PM's returned.

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
  7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    All PM's replied to. As of now, still available, but waiting for return PM's.

Peace,
    Scott D.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry folks, the cab is gone. Thanks alot.

Peace,
    Scott D.