1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT Ampeg SVT 8 Pro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by PopaWoody, Jul 27, 2012.

1. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Up for grabs, I decided that I have no use whatsoever with 2500 watts of Ampeg Hybrid Tone. Great amp, but even at 20 lbs + compressor + rack power + gator case = 40 lbs or so. So I am slimming down to a Markbass, and 2x12 cabinet. Condsidering the places I play that just works.

This amp has been gigged. It would most likely smell like cigs and what not your nose would be prone to at one of the smoky live music venues around Tampa bay.

It has lived its life in a gator case, however there is some rash on one of the amps face handles. It took a spill off my cabinet onto the floor in our studio. Just some cosmetic rack rash.

Works like it should, LOUD as hell. I ran this into a G&K Neo 4x10 rated at 800 watts at 8 ohms. A perfect match for this head (800 watts @ 8 Ohms.)

This amp is rated 2500 watts at 2 ohms and stable, 1300 watts at 4 ohms and 800 watts at 8 ohms. You could run 2 SVT8x10 4 Ohm ampeg cabs at 1000 watts each, with headroom.

This is a made in China amp, not a USA Model.

Would entertain trade offers + $$$ for a Markbass III, F1, Tube800 etc.

$1100 outright Cash OBO. I have the scratch to go buy a new micro head now, not in a hurry to sell.

Basses + MB F1 to the front of the line.

Will ship in the gator case for free! Optional DBX 266xl compressor available at $75 and a Furman power strip surge supressor $60.

Here are come crappy pics...sorry about the quality. I tried to capture the dings on the front as much as possible.

Over all this head kicks ass.

Get some!

SVT8_pro_3.
    SVT8_Pro_2.
    SVT8_Pro_1.
    336873_2159725685278_56315_o.

2. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    Still for sale?