1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT AnalogMan Tube Screamer Turbo TS9DX

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Thangfish, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

Here we have an AnalogMan Ibanez Tube Screamer Turbo TS9DX.
    I bought it new from AnalogMan in Sept for $225. It has been gently used on my carpet, and is still in mint condition, as you can see in the pics.

(Edit: Added sound clips - Post #5)

This is the TS9DX with 808 and Silver mods and Super bright LED option. This is much better for bass than a normal Tube Screamer.
    No "Mode mods" which are geared toward g****r rather than bass.
    My g****rist really wants this, but he sold the delay I was going to trade for (and anyway, this thing has way too much bass to be allowed to fall into the hands of a Fender Twin/Vibroverb abusing g****rist!) :spit:

Details from Analog Man from his rather confusing, meandering (but info packed) web site:
    Analog Man Turbo Tube Screamer
    808 mods
    Silver option

The super bright LED was a $10 option, which I tried to show in a picture.

Original Ibanez box as shipped from Analogman

$175 shipped lower 48 or hit me with your trades

Particularly need 4 black Hipshot Ultralight tuners
    and want to try a Jacques Fat Burner comp... anything else?

IMG_05651024x768.

IMG_0566768x1024.

IMG_05671024x768.

IMG_0569768x1024.

2. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    Have any sound samples, if not home-made then any others will do.

Also, interested in a Fulltone Bassdrive by any chance?

3. Thangfish

Sorry, I don't.
    I have a little Zoom recorder... I guess I should get my mess together and figure out a simple work flow to make some.
    Maybe I'll take a shot at some down and dirty ones tomorrow and see how it goes.

A week ago I would have been very interested in trying the Bass Drive, but suddenly I find that I'm satisfied in the dirt box dept... finally.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have an original version of this pedal (un-modded) and it's great.

5. Thangfish

OK, hope this works. My fist attempt at creating sound clips for an effect so have mercy on me.

First is my SX P bass strung with Fender flats, straight for comparison where I'm coming from. I went through all 4 modes with Tone and Drive knobs in center position (12:00). Level started at 12:00 and was adjusted down slightly for each progressive mode.
    The Modes starting with TS9 through TURBO tend to have progressively LESS distortion, MORE volume and MORE bass.
    The last clip is in Turbo mode with my favorite settings... almost exactly what is in the pictures, oddly enough. Tone and drive backed off a little. I used my little Zoom recorder out of my Tascam Bass Trainer, and Audacity to cut the clips up. No other processing. Hope this is useful to somebody.

-Trying to figure out how to post these clips. Think I got it this time. Let me know if they don't work!-

--AnalogMan TS9-DX/808/Silver--

SX Pbass w/flats for reference
    Turbo Tube Screamer TS9 Mode
    Turbo Tube Screamer + Mode
    Turbo Tube Screamer HOT Mode
    Turbo Tube Screamer TURBO Mode
    Turbo Tube Screamer Turbo Mode my preferred settings

6. Thangfish

Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.