1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Antonio Tsai 7-String "Art Rose" - complete fret overhaul - $575!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Walbodiddy, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale or trade, my Antonio Tsai 7-string "Art Rose."

This is a particularly nice Tsai, with a nicely figured top and back cap that I believe to be burled poplar.

As with most Tsai basses, this one came with nice workmanship, surprisingly good-sounding electronics and horrible fretwork. The fretwork has since been overhauled twice, once by Mike Lull and again by another luthier whose name I've forgotten (if the previous owner is around, he may chime in). Though I don't know what the issues were between the Lull and second fretjob, I can attest that the fretwork on this bass is now excellent. The neck is smooth and comfortable (and I'm not a 7-string player). The action is low, impressively low for a non-boutique instrument. The neck has dual truss rods that I have not had to touch. The original owner said they worked as they should.

Here's a link to Lokire's original thread, as he did a great job of photographing this bass. It looks now just as it did then. Of course, I can take current pics if you like.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283669

I have never had any grounding issues with this bass. Or any issues, for that matter. Other than people not believing that I paid less than a grand for it.

I would be interested in trades for a nice 5-string Jazz or PJ, and/or a nice 1x12 or 1x15 cab (Epifani, Bergantino, Aguilar, etc.). Run anything by me - I have moments when I'll trade for things I've never even considered before.

2. TsaiTop. TsaiBack.

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Better picture of that inlay?

4. TsaiInlayClose2. TsaiOutdoorInlay.

It's occured to me that this bass sells for what you'd pay for just the inlay from most luthiers. And, as you can see, the inlay work is very nicely done. Many of the inlays Tsai offers are overdone, IMO, but I think this one is tasteful.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    That inlay is beautiful. Free bump while I ponder... :D

6. jshilgebass

jshilgebass Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2006
    El Cajon, CA
    Hmmmm.....

What part of southern California are you in? I'm in San Diego county.

Joe Hilgeman

7. It's back! :smug:

This is a sweet bass guys. Nicest 7-string you'll find anywhere at a price like this :bassist:

8. I'm will be receiving a KSD 705 Proto-J soon, would you be willing to trade? Let me know. Thanks, Ed

9. I'm will be receiving a KSD 705 Proto-J soon, would you be willing to trade? Let me know. Thanks, Ed

10. I could be interested in that KSD. Drop me a PM with pics when you have a chance.

11. Going once...

12. Gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.