1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Bartolini model "XXP25C" quad-coil "deep tone" soapbar humbucking pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by sanfordandsonny, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    I need to sell this pickup so I'm not tempted to buy/build another project bass.
    It has mounting hardware and wiring directions.

At the bottom is the description from the TBr I got these from
    I will sell for $50 cash shipped conus or
    $70 obo trade for OD/Boost/fuzz/Distortion/pair of DS-1s/EHX ring thing (I can add $ as needed)
    c4310df1.jpg
    01d3723c.jpg
    56b963ea.jpg
    45de2ad4.jpg

I am ready to trade ONE gently used Bartolini model "XXP25C" quad-coil "deep tone" soapbar humbucking pickup, intended for the bridge position.

I purchased this new from Best Bass Gear within the past year, tested it a few times, and now I am ready to trade it for something else.

Tonally, this pickup emphasizes the fundamentals and lower midrange. The upper midrange is quieter, and the treble is refined and calm. It does sound a bit more defined and crisp when only one "coil" is used, since dual-coil mode tends to round off the high end.

I imagine this pickup would sit well in a mix for genres where the bass does not need to have a lot of high-end detail. It sounds reasonably good with a fretless bass as well.

2. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Bump

3. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    Sold

4. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    That was quick. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.