1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: BBE 383 and Carvin DCM1540L in SKB rolling rack

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by rpsands, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've not got any serious pics of this rig but here's one of the power amp:

[​IMG]

BBE 383:

Don't have any pics of this guy; it's in good shape and everything on it works except the light for one of the gizmos (I think it's the BBE process light). The bbe process stuff (contour and presence or whatever) work fine, tried them out last night. Crossover works right too.

It's enough to drive any power amp no problemo in my experience, used it with a bunch of different ones.

Just looking to trade for a pedal/mini preamp of some kind. VT bass sounds cool to me. Kinda tired of the whole rack thing, going to play with some powered modules and such instead of power amps I think.

It's a pretty good sounding preamp, does what it says it does. The compressor is just OK, little noisy when using it by yourself but not audible in a mix. Usable, but not great.

Carvin DCM1540L
    -Tons of beef @ 8 ohms bridged, solid @ 8 ohms per side, plenty for any rig @ 4 ohms per side
    -Very sensitive input, suitable for any preamp just about. I've run it with my MXR M80's anemic output and direct from a high output bass - it's not quite enough to overdrive it but gets fairly loud.
    -weighs around 10lbs
    -Had it for over a year and no issues (some of the early ones had some problems but this one's never had to be sent to Carvin)
    -No fancy gizmos like other power amps, but also doesn't require a special bridge cable.

SKB rolling rack
    -Very light molded plastic rolling rack with a telescoping handle.
    -Entire thing with everything probably weighs around 28lbs.
    -4 spaces, 1 slot free

I'd place the total value of this used as 50 for the rack, 100 for the preamp, and 325 for the power amp (they're 450 now)

What I'd like is a backup bass amp - I'm open to anything in this value range, under 20lbs. I'm moving more and more toward a simple setup.

Thanks. I'm open to just about anything amp-wise but I tend to prefer all solid state stuff.

2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    pm sent

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    This one's still available for the time being.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Closing this down as the Carvin's sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.