Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT-Beautiful 2002 G&L L-2000

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scott D, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey guys, I've got a very beautiful G&L here. It was made in 2002. It's Tobacco Sunburst over a beautiful piece of ash. Matching Sunburst headstock and back. Elegant no-inlay rosewood fingerboard, and beautiful Natural Maple body binding. Comes with a mint hardshell case. Just set up 2 days ago, and restrung with SIT Powerwounds. This versatile bass is capable of many different sounds. I'm pretty sure you know the drill. I would either like to sell it (~$750) or trade it. I'm looking for something just a little different. I've gotten sort of a distaste for ash. I just like the more mellow tones of Alder and other woods. I'm not sure exactly what i'm looking for, so If you've got a bass to trade, just let me know. This bass would be in mint condition (absoultely no scratches whatsoever), but there was a very small 2mm chip on the inside of the lower horn. I have pics of it. It is very hard to see unless you are looking for it, and has no ill-causing effects. The neck is very tight, with G&L's 6-bolt construction. This baby was ordered from G&L, so it never sat on a showroom or anything. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott D.

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Alright guys, I figured out how to resize.

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    More.

4. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    A bass shot, and the zoom in on the crack. It really has no ill-effects at all.

5. what is the neck width at the nut? also in lieu of the absence of inlays does it at least have position markers on the top of the neck.?
    thats the best looking L-2000 I've ever seen , Got me thinking

6. That is awesome ! :eek:

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm not totally sure about the neck width, I can measure it though. It definatley has more chunk than my Jazz basses, but it's very comfortable. Yes, it has side position markers. It really sounds as good as it looks! I'll also throw in a free leather strap and another 9v battery. Another reason why I'm trying to get a different instrument is that i've been digging the simplicity of passive basses. I'm not much of a tone tweaker, so a simple V/V/T or V/B/T setup is much easier for me. Like I said, I just had it in the shop for a check-up (I always do this before selling/trading basses, because I want to make sure everything is in good order) and it's all clear. I had them tweak the trussrod, so the action is lower, but it's not floppy. Just for everyone's info, i'm only looking to trade for a fretted 4/fretted 5. Please no offers for Fretlesses, or 6+ strings. There are serioulsy no little dings/scratches, just that small crack that has been fixed. Also, I'm really amazed at how long the battery lasts in this bass. I left for a weekend, and I played bass before I left. I forgot to unplug the bass, and I came home, and saw that I left it in. I thought i'd have a dead battery. Well, turns out I didn't. That was almost 2 months ago, and I'm still on the SAME battery. A great thing about this bass is how versatile it is. I've used in many different settings-Hip Hop/R&B, Rock, A little blues, and Acoustic Jams, and it's sat well in the mix on everything.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
  9. retrohwam

retrohwam Guest

Apr 20, 2004
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    e-mail sent
    Duane

10. Scott D

Scott D