1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Beautiful upgraded Spector Euro LX and Warwick Thumb BO 5 Broadneck/Wideneck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Warpeg, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Alright, I'm going to get a bit specific with what I'm looking for in trade...a Rickenbacker. That's all I'm looking for. If you have a Ric and like either one of these babies, let me know if you wanna' do a little horse trading. If sold, I'll sell the Spector for $1100 and the Warwick for $1400.

I am now offering a special little "bonus" to someone who trades their Ric for one of these basses. I am going to include a very good condition Fender MIA P-Bass lined fretless neck OR a very good condition Fender MIA P-Bass fretted neck (rosewood)! Your choice.

Spector Euro LX 4: 34" scale. Neck-thru. Maple body. Walnut slice/binding. Maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard. Perfect string action with an arrow-straight neck. All Spector black hardware (these normally come with gold hardware, which I hate). I've upgraded the pickups to fully active EMG P/J's. I've upgraded the stock TonePump preamp to an EMG BQC system preamp (master volume, blend, bass/treble, mid boost or cut/mid frequency range). 18 volt. With the semi-parametric EQ, you can get just about any tone in the world! If you are a live player, than you know the value of a Spector: they have great transients and natural brightness and attack. They cut through the mix like butter, even with a low power amp. I also am including the separately purchased Spector hard case.

000_0384.

000_0380.

000_0383.

000_0386.

Warwick Thumb BO 5 Broadneck: This is the wide neck/wide spacing version of the regular Thumb BO. 34" scale. 20mm bridge/string spacing. It also has soapbar pickups instead of the standard single coil jazz-style. Ovangkol body. Ovangkol neck. Wenge fingerboard. JAN II. Bell brass frets. Stock MEC electronics (active 2-band preamp with push/pull on/off). Like the Spector, this Warwick is set up perfectly. Nice, tight B string (currently strung with newer set of Elixir Nanowebs). This model is amazing for those of you who are used to the wider spacing of a 4-string, but want a high end 5-string. These are pretty rare in America. If you're a Warwick collector (like me), this would make a very fine crown jewel. Comes with Warwick/Rockbag deluxe padded gig bag--an aftermarket Warwick hardcase is available for an additional $100.

000_0315.

000_0316.

000_0318.

000_0321.

Again, I'm only looking to trade one of these for a Rickenbacker bass. Let me know if you have one. If you are interested in buying one of these, check the prices out above. :)

If one of these are traded, I'm only going to ship in the lower 48 states. If sold, I'll ship it to USA, Canada, and Europe. Buyer pays actual shipping. I'm a big fan of PayPal.

2. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    In addition to being available for trade, I'll also sell them.

3. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    Damn, the irony. Did you see my classified add? I'm selling my Jazz Bass to buy a Spector LX just like yours.

The ironic part is I 've had a Ric JG 4003 on order since March. Should be in in the next couple of weeks, they've been shipping again. No I wouldn't trade it for the LX but I will definitely try harder to sell my JB. I'll keep an eye on your sale.

Jeff

4. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Back in March or April I had a natural finish Rick up for trade and this specific model/finish/pickup combo in a Spector was one of the things I was looking for...so where the heck were ya then? :D

Bump anyways

5. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Where did you get the upgraded knobs for the BQC? I hate those rubber OEM knobs that the BQC comes with.

6. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    You can get these knobs from Allparts.

7. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    I want your Spector but somebody please buy my JB:)

8. Such a beautiful Spector. Just wish I had a few more hundred dollards. :(

9. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    PRICE DROP: Spector: $1100, Warwick: $1400

10. ustabawannab

Mar 10, 2006
    Greenfield, WI.
    PM'd yah

11. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    PM replied to.

12. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    These babies aren't going to be up in the forum for much longer. If you've got some interest in one of these, then let me know. Otherwise, they may be going off to you-know-where. :)

13. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I've just added a special add-on to the deal. If you trade your Ric for one of these basses, I am going to include a very good condition Fender MIA P-Bass lined fretless neck OR a Fender MIA P-Bass fretted neck (rosewood)! You choose which you want! Come one...you CANNOT beat that kind of deal :)

14. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Well, these are off to the 'bay. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.