SOLD FS/FT: Blue G&L SB-2 (relist)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sleeplessknight, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    Relisting due to potential buyer flakeout.

Much as I'm gonna hate doing it, I'm selling my beloved G&L SB-2. It just isn't getting the play-time it deserves, and I'm still trying to shore up the ol' finances from some stuff that went down last month. Previously owned by our good friend and G&L connoisseur Craigb, this one's got some minor modifications to it, namely The Tone Mod(tm), and a flat-black diamond-plate pickguard. I'd put this bass in a "good" to "very good" condition, it has two nicks on the neck that can't be felt when playing.

Other details are: 3-bolt neck, and weight around 10-10.5 lbs. The neck is a very slim jazz-feeling neck, not a 'chunky P' neck at all, and is a joy to play. The nut width is just a hair shy of 1.5", by my measurements. I'm also including the G&L OHSC (definitely some wear, but nothing crazy), some off-brand straplocks, and a nice Levy's strap. Here's craigb's original ad, with excellent pics and a rundown of everything on this bass: http://www.ninestonering.com/craig/clearbluesb22/cbsb2.htm

I'm asking $750 shipped anywhere in the CONUS, payment in money order or bank check please as PayPal and I don't really get along. I have excellent feedback here and on eBay (see userID sleeplessknight42) The bass will ship with a hardshell case in a cardboard box with plenty of padding. Feel free to PM or post here with any questions!

As far as trades, I'm pretty open. I'm on the lookout for 4-stringers from the likes of Spector, Sadowsky, Zon, Fodera, etc, and yes I'd be willing to throw in some cash for a higher-end bass. I'm also REALLY looking for a Nord Electro keyboard and a Walter Woods amp, and could be persuaded to swap for a really nice G&L gu*tar too. Show me whatcha got, TB!

[​IMG]
    edit: fixed link

2. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    Aw man, not you again :(

3. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    I see it as a sign that the bass wants you to buy it, man... ;-)

4. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    When you say a hair shy of 1.5" is it wider or narrower? I have a Fender P bass but can't get used to the wide neck.

5. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    Narrower. Truth be told, I'd say the discrepancy is in my caliper set than in G&L's manufacturing processes. If you prefer a narrow neck, this is the bass for you! All the balls and bombast of a P, but a very slim, Jazz-feeling neck.

6. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    This has the same neck of my L2K and it is definitely a huge difference from a P neck. It is absolutely wonderful and fast and rocktastic and awesome. :bassist:

7. Zuhzuhzombie!!

Zuhzuhzombie!!

Jun 4, 2008
    Beautiful, and closer to my price range.

/me runs off to check fundage.

8. Bump for a beautiful bass!

9. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    hehe thanks man!

(bttt!) :bassist:

10. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    PM sent

11. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    PM replied!

12. drew_bassmore

drew_bassmore Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2000
    Oakland to Oregon
    Sent PM in response to different post. Purty bass.

Cheers,

drew

13. Zuhzuhzombie!!

Zuhzuhzombie!!

Jun 4, 2008
    What all modifications have been made on this bass?

14. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    Well, like I wrote above, it's got the different pickguard and the tone-mod (vol pot has been replaced with a stack-knob that controls volume and neck/bridge pickup blend). I've also removed the original strap-buttons and put strap-locks on there. Other than that, it's factory-standard.

15. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    bttt

16. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Inactive

Aug 19, 2008
    come on time for some price drops :D

17. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    What did you have on your mind? :D

18. Bassguy1

Bassguy1

Feb 10, 2006
    U.S. - Midwest
    PM sent

19. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Montana Mountainside
    On hold for Shambleau, with Bassguy1 right behind him!

20. Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.