Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Boss GT-6B

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Flatwound, May 9, 2005.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    So I've got a GT-6B to unload. Good shape, and has the Boss GT gigbag. It's a nice pedal, but I haven't been using about 99% of its capabilities. $275 shipped to the lower 48.

Trades you ask? Well, I can use speaker cabs, a good overdrive, a five-string fretted or fretless bass. Hit me with what you got.

2. PM

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    PMed

4. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    PM's replied

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    PM'ed with random stuff I don't use.

6. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Buuummmpp

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    what's the synth sound like on those? i have a V Bass, it can be a pain, with having to install that pickup on the bass and all the cables- i have thought about one of these and selling the V bass-
    true bypass, that's a GOOD thing !

8. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    The GT-6B is pretty well known for having a crappy synth. Sad, but true. It actually can make some good sounds, but tracking is iffy at best. :meh:

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    well, i appreciate you honesty! that is refreshing to see, rather than just some comment to promote the sale. I'll still have to check one of these out for everything else... thanks!- Adrian

10. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    'K, did I mention that a fretless four or five would be cool? Also a rack pre (heck, I could add cash), a really solid rackmount compressor, who knows?

11. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Hey, you know, if you think my price is too high, or if you want to trade something plus cash or whatever, just let me know. :)

12. Well - see what you think about this...

<<'K, did I mention that a fretless four or five would be cool? Also a rack pre (heck, I could add cash),>>

I have an Ibanez fretless 5, an EDA 905 FL. It's not to everyones taste, mainly due to the Luthite (=plastic) body and the shape, but on the upside it's got a super fast maple neck with an ebonol fingerboard, piezo & mag pickups and the deepest bottom end you've ever heard. It's been well played (=several bumps and scratches), I picked it up in a trade out of sheer interest but a Warwick fretless 6 got in the way so I never play it (grin)

I also have a Trace Elliott MP 11 MIDI controlled rack preamp - 11 band graphic & a footpedal to control it with about 14 buttons on it. Entwistle used to use these & they sound amazing, very clean & "strong" Its built like a tank - the floorpedal weighs a ton - and it too has been very well gigged, neither are showroom items.

I used to have a GT6-B and sold it - now I miss it! Feel free to mail if there's any interest or questions...

13. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    PM sent.

14. PM back atcha!

:cool:

15. Oh - I also have a spare Goliath Jr II with a couple of speakers that need a recone (ahem) My dearest would love to be able to gaze upon the space it used to occupy...dirt cheap or trades!