SOLD FS/FT CARVIN AC50 FRETLESS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timmy-Watts, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    *SOLD LOCALLY. THREAD CLOSED****

******price reduction to $650+shipping*******Gas has got to me again. This is an awesome fretless with no real fingerboard wear to speak of. It has the Labella black nylon tape wounds on it. Piezo Bridge pup, active 9V volume-bass-treble. Set neck mahogany with beautiful flame maple top an ebony board and bridge. Building this would be about $1400 right now. 9.5/10 condition. A couple of very small 2-3 mm dings almost unnoticeable, none through the finish.

Asking $850 *******$650plus shipping***********but may agree to something ridiculous if what I want is still available. Includes a padded gig bag and shipping to the lower 48.

Trades: all I am interested in are 5-string G&L 2-pickup or newer P-deluxe basses. No rosewood boards please, I prefer maple and ebony, but it can never hurt to ask.
    Photos are from aleign's original posts but I can provide more if you need. Thanks for looking.

2. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    More pics

3. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I should mention that I am the third owner. The only reason I put this up is redundancy. I have many other fretlesses and acoustic-type basses to keep me busy. I am whittling the herd down to only what I will be paid to and asked to play. Sadly this is probably not one of them.

Also, this Carvin has no issues that I have read about. It does not sound sterile, weak, or have QC issues. The only issue Is that every time I pick it up I want to keep it. But I gotta pay the bills and the only type of thing lacking is a 2-pup G&L type. Or a backup head. Small and light, of course.

4. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Bump. Any BG players who want an almost upright tone without the upright part? Stick a piece of foam near the bridge for some thump! If you want this baby to sing, just play it! It sings extremely well. I took it to a gig the day I got it:

5. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    $750 price reduction. Reflected in original post.

6. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Bump. Ok today I want a Sterling 4H with a maple board.

7. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What I gotta do to move this thing?

8. KwinS

KwinS

Oct 30, 2006
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    I wish someone would buy this thing! I'm considering offering something in a >stoopid-ridiculous< trade! :help:

9. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Then offer it! Worst case I say no...

10. PM sent

11. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Bump. Last ditch price reduction. $650 plus shipping.

12. false404

false404

Aug 14, 2005
    How does this bass hold up unplugged? Would it be loud enough to jam with a few acoustics with no amp?

13. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sorry, not a true acoustic box with a sound board top. Basically a solid body with channels routed into the body wood under the top. It is about 2-3x louder than an unplugged solid body electric, but you'd still need a small amp to jam with a couple acoustics.

14. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sold locally. Thanks all.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.