1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Carvin B1500 mono block

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by TALL&STOUT, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALL&STOUT

TALL&STOUT Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    Hey guys, I am pairing down again after a binge on gear and basses. The Carvin B1500 is truly an amazing amp. Built in the USA, insane amount of power, thump and clarity, just a real work horse.
    $400 shipped CONUS FIRM

specs from Carvin:

The B1500 mono block bass head offers classic natural bass tone with the high- est power headroom available in any bass amp to date. The B1500 delivers 700w at 8Ω, 1250w at 4Ω and 1900w at 2Ω. The B500 bulges with the same huge tone but delivers 225w at 8 ohms, 350w at 4Ω and 500w at 2Ω.
    Four discrete Class A input stages produce the harmonic basis for the preamp right from the input jack. It begins with a boutique flat response, then we add 6 tone controls for you to carve out your signature sound. Harmonic content increases as you turn up the Drive control producing a growl at maximum settings. Solid design, bullet-proof construction and a list of indispensable features assure the B500 or B1500 will be the heart of your rig for years to come.
    • Discrete Class A input stages • Active/Passive input gain switch with input CLIP indicator • Preamp DRIVE and master VOLUME controls • Six EQ controls: SUB BASS, BASS, LOW MID, MID, HIGH MID, and TREBLE • Signal MUTE front panel switch (also controlled by optional FS22 footswitch) • EFFECT LOOP front panel bypass switch (also controlled by optional FS22
    footswitch) • DIRECT OUT balanced XLR with independent LEVEL control, switchable
    "Pre-Post" and "Ground Lift", DC isolated • TUNER output jack independent of MUTE switch • Internal OPTO (optical isolation) clip-activated power amp limiter with
    “limiter free” normal operation • High current SPEAKON® connectors and 1/4” speaker jacks • Metal shaft controls with threaded metal bushings mounted directly to front panel • 19" 3U all steel chassis

Trade wise, I might be game for a Mesa Boogie m9 plus cash from me or something else that might try to dethrone my Fathom/m6 that I love so dearly.

2. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    An asinine amount of power and clarity here. Only $400 SHIPPED

3. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    deal pending...... :hyper:

4. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses and Bergantino Audio Systems
    Oh yeah Donny. I like where you're going with this. Hammer time.

5. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Bump for my all time favorite BIGBOY amp........hope it works for you Donny

6. TALL&STOUT

Oct 31, 2008
    San Diego
    And it's headed to Donny!

Thread Status: