1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Carvin BB 75 5 string Aguilar OBP-3 preamp Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hyper-sloth, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Up for sale is my 2005 Carvin BB75. It has been upgraded with an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. The original preamp will be included along with the case. The bass is in good shape other than dings and scratches from being gigged. I am looking for a 4 string fretless and I really have too many fretted 5 strings. My Stingray 5 really gets the bulk of my playing time. The only issue with this bass is the volume is lower when both pick ups are on, at center detent. I was told this happens with some pickup preamp combinations. It has a great sound to it but I love the Musicman too much. I was going to have the bass made into volume volume with new Norstrand pups but I don't want to spend any more $ on it. I bought it in 2006 for $720 plus I bought the Aguilar for $140 plus paid $100 to have it installed along with some fret work. Plenty of life left in the frets, neck is straight and comfy (the asymmetrical shape really does work). Has strap locks that double as regular strap posts. I can email higher res images to check out the dings. Very nterested in trades if you have a 4 string lined fretless. No homemade ones btw! Let me know. I don't need a fretted bass and I have enough 5'ers.

$630 shipped CONUS.

Carvin1.
    CarvinLowerBoutSm.
    CarvinInsidesSm.
    CarvinBridgeSm.
    CarvinSm.

2. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Stuck at work on a beautiful Friday bump

3. Hey, sorry i'm new to the whole talk bass thing, so i don't have any pictures up but i have a 4 string warwick corvette series fretless if you're interested in a trade?
    did you have this coustomized or did you build it yourself?

4. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Hey, I would be interested in that trade. It's a Carvin bass. The only thing I had done was the professionally installed preamp. I stopped the days of fixing stuff myself. I usually ruined things! Let me know if you want to trade, email my some pictures and a description of any damage or issues. Thanks for the interest.

5. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Monday bumps

6. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Bump

7. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Ole Friday bumps

8. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Still have this? Interested in a trade for an Acoustic 5 string fretless?

9. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Well, my money situation has not improved much, so final price drop. $550 shipped. I really prefer the cash unless the trade is really cool; no Carvins, MIM Fenders, or any low end stuff like Jay Tursers or whatever. This is a well made neck through bass with a great Aguiler pre-amp. I am simply not using it and need the funds. No low ball offers either, I am already losing out here and will just keep it till my situation changes. Thanks for looking.

10. Are you still looking?

Would a single Pup MTD Kingston Fretless 4 string be of intrest? Also have a nice 4 string travel bass available.

Dano

11. Hyper-sloth

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Traded to Dano59 ..closed!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.