1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Carvin SB5000 Natural/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Killer Carvin SB5000 here. I got this in partial trade from TBer macribas. It's a great bass, but I'm not really feeling the 70s pickup spacing. I'm a 60s spacing guy through and through it seems. It plays amazing and sounds great. It's got the Marcus Miller vibe/tone in spades, but also has way more usable tones in there than any Marcus Miller J bass I've had (which would be (2) Marcus 4 strings and (1) very expensive US made Marcus 5 string)

Here is the description from macribas:

It was bought it new at the Carvin store in Hollywood, and never had the chance to gig with it. There isn't a single mark on it, it is just like it came from the store, with the exception of fingernail swirls on the pickguard (it's a $15 pickguard from Carvin), from slapping.
    It's hard not to slap on that bass, it sounds great and plays even better. Since I picked it up from the showroom there, I don't have the official specs, but here's what I know:
    - maple board, side dots only
    - standard electronics: 18v active 2-band eq preamp, vol-vol-tone(push-pull active/passive),stacked bass-treble.
    - standard frets (not stainless steel)
    - weight 10.51 lb (in my wife's accurate digital kitchen scale)

I have not gigged this bass since I got it either. Only used it in my house. Comes with orginal HSC.

Pics below:

Carvin Pics

hit me up with any questions.

$1050 + shipping

Trades:
    MIA Fender J5 Deluxe from 2010 or newer
    Stingray 5 (H, HS, classic....might consider HH if the right color)
    Fender Deluxe P5
    Fender P5 or J5 (2008 or newer)
    Warwich Thumb BO5
    Lakland 55-02 or 55-01 (+ cash)

2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Nice bass. If I ever ordered one, it'd probably be those exact specs, maybe the hardware. I'd love to buy that bass except I'd have to flip something for it and I don't know how in demand $1800 basses are currently.

<sigh>

3. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    if I was a little more liquid on my cash flow, I'd ask what the bass you might sell would be. But alas, I is broke and need Christmas money and a new car.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I regret selling the SB5000 I had. Great slap tone. Great overall tone.

5. I'm glad you did! (no offense) I love everything about it. Anyone considering this one and is on the fence, this bass is all that you hear it is!!

6. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Wow, these basses are just incredible, wish I had the juice, I'd add it to my other two SB's. Fenders are going to be quite a change from this one.

7. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Thought this was traded but the other party backed out.

8. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    price drop: $950

trade bait updated also.

9. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    PM replied to.

10. Halegroove