1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT Celinder Custom 6-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by vilkai, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    As I understand it, mr. Celinder does not build custom basses any more, but his Celinder Update series is well-known.

Lovely, fat tone (sort of Brubaker-Smith love child-ish thing), easy to play, not too compressed... Am selling as I want to focus on a couple of basses - the MTD is more aggressive, the Fodera is more old-school with it's Aero jazz pups.

Oh, and the B string is VERY slappable! I think this bass could be described as a Brubaker-Smith lovechild. I'll snap another pic of the top, the camera shook during the shot.

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/prkl0405/Celinder/

Here's what Peter said about this bass earlier this spring, all of which still holds true, with the addition that the string spacing is adjustable and I think it might go as far as 18,5 even. 18,3 mm for sure.

P8023887.

I'm interested in whatever trade offers - Trading up to a Fodera would be particularly interesting. Apart from that, any fair trade is fine. Asking price is what I paid, USD2775 - I had my luthier check the nut height and adjust it, it was too low to let the lowest positions speak properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.