Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: Conklin GT-7

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by FUNKonthewall, Oct 26, 2004.

1. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I have a Conklin GT-7 (One of the first one's ever made. Says "Conklin" on the headstock.) for sale/trade. I'm asking $700 OBO. I was going to trade this bass a while back for some equipment, but I had to back out because I needed money. I was going to sell this bass, but I ended up selling some of my amp (and some of it is still for sale) instead so I could keep this bass. To be quite honest though, I'm a four stringer. Sorry guys ;) . I just don't play it anymore. The band I used this bass for is long gone and it just sits around my house in the case. This bass DESERVES to be played! It's a killer bass for a great price. I am the second owner (the first being my teacher, who I bought it from) and it's been cared for for it's entire life (That's right. These things do have souls. ;) ). The bass is about 10 years old. The bass also comes with the OHSC and a Levy's padded leather strap with straplocks installed. I'll also install a brand-new "custom" set of GHS Boomers (or any other brand, if I can find strings that are small enough) for free.

There are a few modifications on the bass. There is VERY LIGHT scalloping on the treble side of the base of the neck. It's not really scalloping, come to think of it. What my teacher did was just round out the sharp edge of the fretboard. It makes for much more comfortable playing in the upper register. I also moved the bottom strap peg further up on the body to help it balance better. I have pics of both of the mods, so you can see what I'm talking about. Don't worry. These mods have only made the bass better.

As far as trades go, I'm only looking for four string basses, a nice head, or a nice 4x10. I've been gassing for a vintage Fender Jazz Bass and a pre-Fender Kubicki for a long time, so if you have one and are willing to trade, you get "first dibs". Feel free to run anything by me though. It might just spark more GAS...

I've got pics on my computer, but I'm new here and I have NO CLUE how to post them. Someone :help: !

PM me or e-mail me at rtdonald31@msn.com

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: The bass has a natural finish.

2. FUNKonthewall

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Potential buyer found. Could be sold by tomorrow.

3. FUNKonthewall

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sale fell through. Back up for grabs.

4. FUNKonthewall

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Gassing for Kubicki. Price drop to $700.

5. FUNKonthewall

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I've done the inevitable. It's on eBay now.