1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Custom Kramer Striker 700ST

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Syco_bass, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    Hey folks, here I have a very cool custom painted Kramer Striker P/J bass.

It's not complete, but I can complete it for you.

Here is what I have done so far;

Completely stripped, primed, and re-painted the body. All holes/chips/nics were filled with wood puddy and levelled. All I have done on the neck is levelled, re-crowned, dressed and polished the frets. The nut looks to be made of graphite and is in good shape.

The pics make it look more "orange" than red, but in person it looks like a metalic "red". I would say that in sunlight it looks more burnt orange and in the shade (indoors) it looks more red. The finish is not 100% perfect, but it definately is 100% cool. There are some minor blemishes in the finish, but I would say it is a good 8 out of 10. I sanded the finish a bit thin in some places so it looks a bit "worn" if you will.

Anyway, I have not decided what direction I want to go with it. So I'll let you decided.

I am willing to sell it "AS-IS" assembled with original hardware. (original tone circuit and pickups included but not installed) OR I am willing to finish it including brand new pickups/tone circuit, brand new Circle K strings and complete Pro-setup.

Here are the prices for either configuration.

AS-IS (original electronics included but not installed) $199
    Complete assembly - $375

You can chose from either Aguilar or Nordstrand pickups. It will come completely wired with brand new USA CTS tone pots, original tone caps and upgraded selector switch.

If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM. Prices include shipping in the CONUS. Overseas/internation shipping o.k. just PM me address for price quote.

Here are a couple of pics.

GEDC0056_zps5ebc4605.

GEDC0057_zpsb843b85c.

GEDC0058_zpsa1852d40.

Thanks for looking.

Peace.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Is this my old one? If so, it used to be blue. Nice finish work! :)

3. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Yes sir, that's the one. Here's a pic before I completely stripped it. (took about 2 hours with a heat gun)

GEDC0214.

4. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

KOOL BASS bumpola for Brother Rob!! Great color!!

5. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Borher Denny what's up? Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Yeah, this is a really cool classic. It's going to make some one really happy.

There's gotta be an 80's hair rocker out there that needs this one.

Peace Y'all.

6. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Monday morning bump.

No love for the Kramer? This is an 80's classic and will surely be a force to be reconned with again.

I can install what ever pickups you like. Just PM me and I'll get you a price quote for finishing it how you like it.

Peace.

7. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This is a killer deal. The neck on this thing was awesome to begin with, so I can only imagine it's through-the-roof after the work Rob did on it. Nordy or Aggie pickups in a sweet bass for under $400 - a steal.
    I'd snag it back if I didn't already have 9 basses :meh:

8. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks for the endorsement Tim. Yeah, I love the neck on this. It's very comfortable. Kinda between a P and a J. 1 5/8" nut width, but lower profile than standard P.

Like you, I'd keep it if I didn't already have several others with more projects waiting in boxes.

Cheers.

9. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Wow no love for this cool Kramer bass? Shoot me an offer; it's a shame to let it sit around. I haven't yet decided which pickups to put in it yet, so let me know if someone has a preference.

Peace.

10. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    ttt

11. Syco_bass

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Wow, can't believe this bass is still here. Semi custom awesome vintage 80's bass with custom mods for Squier prices and no one has even sent me an offer?

Someone shoot me an offer. This bass is way too nice to sit and collect dust.

cheers.

12. Hudsobass

Hudsobass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    East Lansing, MI
    PM sent