1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Custom Larkin Reacter 5B, pics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kael, May 21, 2011.

1. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I've tried a few times to make this 35" scale bass work for me. Isn't happening. So I am listing it with pics this time. I won't be pulling it off the market again. This was the Reacter that Chris Larkin showed on his website as an example of the what he can do when he is allowed to pull out all the stops.

Link to a more thorough description plus old pics from me posting this a while back.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/chris-larkin-5b-custom-reacter-553765/

Link to glamour shot on Larkin's website. Listed as "Another 5B custom".

The Reacter S range

Since the first time I posted this I had a couple very minor finish dings which were buffed out by GH Reno in Tulsa (he does great work incidentally). I can try and take a pic of the spots, but to be honest I am not sure I can even locate where they were after the buffing. They were very minor and are completely gone now. I had the wiring redone/cleaned up a bit by a local tech (still has the original Citronic preamp). At some point after the visit to GH Reno, the bass has acquired a slight finish mar under the bass knob. It didn't show in the photos as it is pretty slight. Not through to the wood. Probably can be buffed out also, but I've not done so.

For trades...
    5 strings
    34"scale
    FULL 19mm spacing
    Frets, I've got the fretless thing covered.

...and I would strongly prefer
    Traditional styling (need a bass that won't get me fired from a blues/country pick up gig). Doesn't need to be a straight J or P clone.
    Not solid red/CAR. I don't know why, but red bugs me.

Looking for things in the vein of Sadowsky, Alleva Coppollo, Nordstrand, etc.

All trades +/- cash as needed although I am can't add too much on my end. I just bought a house. Yay debt.

For an outright sale I will leave the price at $3000 since that's what I posted it for last time. Will ship in a basic hard shell case.

Attached Files:

2. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    More pics...

Please note, I am not exactly a professional photog here. The sunlight seems to diminish the amount of flame on this bass. The headstock shot gives a better representation of the flaming. The flamed maple is on the headstock, front archtop, back of bass (middle section is mahogany) as well as the neck. Fingerboard/pickup covers/truss rod cover is ebony.

PS: The odd body lines on the upper arm contour in the angled body shot is my shirt laying on the body, not some weird route.

Attached Files:

3. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    bump

4. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    wow

5. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    bump...

6. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I need to "upgrade" my double bass as over half my gigs these days are on the big bass. So....

Price drop to $2750 shipped to CONUS. Run trades by me if you want, but I'd strongly prefer the cash so I can get a new DB.

7. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Half-hearted bump.

I could use a "traditional" styled 5 stringer (34" scale and 19mm spaced only) for alt-americana work. Run trades of this nature past me.

Alternately, if you happen to have a nice double bass flight case, drop me a line.

8. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    bump