Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

[FS/FT] DAVID EDEN 210T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by The Clap, Feb 9, 2005.

1. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    FS/FT David Eden 210T

CASH Price
    EDEN 210T : $250 + Cheapest Shipping OBO

Local Pickup Welcome in Phoenix, AZ

For trade I am looking for:

4 Space rack
    TI Jazz Flats

Eden 210T
    I have used this cab in a variety of situations, and it always sounds great! In my experience, the 210T works well in all configurations, and this one is structurally 100%. All components are guaranteed to be in proper working order; I have recently retightened all loose screws/speakers in an inspection of the box, and it's rather well designed and built. This cabinet has been used, so some scuffing of the plastic corners and superficial wear of that variety is common. The 210T cabinet holds 2 cast-frame 10" Woofers and a tweeter, altogether rated at 250W RMS.

On the 'T' side of things, I haven't run the cab with the Tweeter connected since the second month of ownership because I don't like to run my bass cabs with tweeters. The tweeter worked fine when I used it, however. If you'd like, I can reconnect it before shipping, but many prefer going tweeterless.

The Eden tone and sound is all there in this cab. I've read that some prefer the 'T' to the 'XLT' in terms of tone. I know my roommates will be sad when it's gone - they're very enthusiastic about its sound. As for volume, with moderate power, (100-200W) the 210T gets relatively loud, and sounds great when it's juiced. This is generally good enough for gigging with my rock band, so long as I'm also in the PA mix.

Using the 210T by itself with a deep reserve of power (>400W), or combined with another speaker of similar grunt, the Eden 210T sounds even better. This is where the cab really shines: it has greatly complimented every other cab I've had the opportunity to line it up with. I've used the 210T live with mostly 15" and 18" speakers, and had great results with the combination of larger drivers and the Eden 10s.

I am selling this cabinet because I can't stop building new speakers and bass cabs at the moment -- my house is filling up, and my pocketbook is thin. This cab is up because it is the most marketable of all my cabinets, and one needs to go. Detailed stats and real numbers follow, I will provide pictures for buyers with intent. Please PM if interested, or Email apaschal@asu.edu for pictures.

Our original single front-vented 210 enclosure. As the first successful stand-alone 210 enclosure that did not require a sub woofer. The D210T changed the way players thought about bass reproduction. Featuring our exclusive EC-1060F Cast Frame woofers, the 210T has great warmth and plenty of definition.

D210T Specs

Power Handling
    250W RMS
    Frequency Response
    62Hz - 14KHz
    Sensitivity
    103dB SPL
    Impedance

http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/cabs/indiv/d210t.asp

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Now this is an awesome post. Excellent review, real life experiences with the cab, complete details on the condition.

-Mike

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  4. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Bump - Still Available

5. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    Any requirements on the 4 space rack?

I've got one of those Rondo four space rack bags. I've also got a set of TI Jazz Flats...

6. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    The cab is still up for sale/trade. Bump.

7. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Clap - this still for sale?

Thanks!

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    FYI,

there is no "David Eden"... its David Nordschow. :smug:

and bump for a great cab.

9. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    emailed.....

10. True, but the brand is "David Eden"

Another free bump

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ahhhh,

but *** did that happen? :eyebrow:

and another free bump!

12. Nordschow built the original Goliath bass cabs for SWR.

David/Goliath/Eden - seems to be some biblical imagery there.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the amps forum. It makes for some interesting reading. James Demeter designed the preamp for the VT series of amps. This isn't really the place to go into all of it though.:D

p.s. free bump - somebody buy this cabinet!