Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Dimarzio ModelJ set

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xbradx, May 16, 2005.

1. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    got a set of Dimarzio Model J's that i bought just a couple of weeks ago to install into my SX that just didn't do it for me. Liked the beefier sound solo at first, but just didn't sit well enough with the whole band. i'll get some pics up monday night if anyone's interested. i'm hoping to trade these for a set of Dimarzio UltraJazz's or just sell outright.
    thanks!**SOLD**SOLD**SOLD**SOLD**

2. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    How much?

Glenn D.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yeah.....what he said!

4. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    bump.....
    and now looking for $70(shipping included) or trade(or trade+cash) for a set of dimarzio Ultra-jazz's.

5. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'll take'em

Glenn D.

6. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    sale pending!

7. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I have always assumed that the Ultra Jazz was the beefier of the two pickups. :confused: Have I got that wrong?

8. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    I have some Ultra J's if the sale doesn't go through

9. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    How much do you want for the Ultra Js?

Glenn D.

10. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I guess I need to do some more research, huh. :confused:

11. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Depends on what you mean by beefier. The UJ's are also more "scooped" (modern) sounding. This might be "less beefy" to some players.

12. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    well, the ultra's are supposed to have more high end and a bit less mids than the modelJ's, which is what i'm after. i've got no problem at all with the amount of low end the modelJ's put out. i just made a mistake when i placed my order for the pickups and got the wrong ones, but thought i'd at least give the modelJ's a chance before i tried to sell/trade them.
    oh yeah, and the pickups are SOLD !

13. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    Sorry for any confusion on my Ultra J's, they were up for TRADE, I'm not looking to sell them at this time.
    I rather like them, but would prefer the Model J's for the extra mids. My bass sounds a bit dark with the ultras.