SOLD FS/FT Dingwall ABZ5 Natural

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by maguire, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maguire

maguire Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    Looking to trade this for some kind of EBMM 5'er. Big Al preferred. Also considering an outright sale at $1500 shipped in hardshell case.

About 6 months ago I was searching for a Big Al 5 - they never showed up on TB. So I purchased the Dingwall ABZ5 because I couldn't pass it up.

The low action and craftsmanship are amazing and it is extremely lightweight. It has the fastest action of any bass I've ever played with minimal fret buzz. The setup is solid, I haven't had to adjust anything since it arrived at my door.

I love the Dingwall but could go for some more tone flexibility. I'd really like to try that Al. I think I would also be interested in Sterling 5 or a Bongo 5. Stealth/Ebony models or maple boards especially!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BassicJack

BassicJack Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Southeast ID
    PM Sent

3. Reticle

Reticle

Jul 24, 2009
    Charleston SC
    Any interest in a B Quad IV? You'll be hard pressed to find more tone flexibility in any bass.

4. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    I have the same model and finish on order except I've upgraded to EMG active pickups - won't receive it until maybe August, though. But it may give it a bit more tone versatility - lot of that depends on the wood as well as the electronics. The passive model I tried is much like you describe - incredible to play, but the tonal range didn't seem wide to me. Still liked it enough to order one, though!

I had a Bongo 5 and a couple Stingrays - the Bongo definitely had great sound. Only sold it because I'm trying to find a 5 string model in Tangerine.

5. maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    Sayman
    Thanks for the information. That's excellent! I may just upgrade the ekectronics.

Hey there is a bongo 5 hh in orange for sale on the boards right now! You should grab it.

6. maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    Ahhh. Some excellent offers - all of which I foolishly declined. Still waiting for big al 5.

7. sayman

sayman

Dec 14, 2009
    Thanks very much! I just PM'd the guy offering to take it if he can wait until Tuesday!

Hoping he takes it. Love to have a Bongo again.

8. maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    Im not sure what that is. And I can't find them on the google :(

9. maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    Fishing for EBMM 5 Bump

10. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    just bought the same AB1 you and i were both enquiring about two weeks ago or i would have offered you my SR5 for this.

11. maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    BIG AL 5! Where are you?

12. mi_weesp

mi_weesp

Jan 17, 2012
    Belarus, Minsk
    Any news? My proposal still actual.

13. maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    New Hope PA
    I found a big al 5 . This may go back up for sale only after the al arrives later next week.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.