1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: DNA DNS-112N/Micro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by d00dr, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    I picked this up about 9 months ago when I decided I wanted to try to go to a smaller setup but ultimately it just didn't work out for me. I just couldn't get used to having a cab so low to the ground. It is an amazing sounding cab in an extremely small package.

Here are the specifications:

Power handling 450 W RMS, 900 W Peak
    Impedance 8 Ω
    Sensitivity @ 8 Ω 101dB @2.83V/1M
    SPL @ Maximum rated power 131 dB SPL max
    Frequency response 44Hz to 14KHz
    Size 14.5"H x 21"W x 11"D
    Weight 30lb
    Coverage pattern 60 degree
    Tuning 53HZ Flared port

And here's a link to the thread that I picked it up from.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/dna-112n-micro;-patterson-audio-3x10-neo-860760/

The carpet is pilling a little bit but it should be easily remedied with a quick shave. I just never got around to doing it. Seeing that I've only used this cab 8-10, less than 20 hours, I'm looking to get what I've got into it. [DEL]$425[/DEL]$400 shipped CONUS.

The only thing I'm looking for in a trade is a black Lakland 55-01 w/ maple fretboard or a 55-02, black or cherryburst, also w/ maple fretboard both + cash from me.

Thanks for looking!

2. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Here are a couple of pictures I just snapped with my Galaxy Nexus:

Attached Files:

3. 5string_phunk

5string_phunk Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I have a DNA 112N (the non-micro version) and it is a fantastic cab! I am a BIG 4x10 guy, but pair this with a nice micro head (i.e. TH500, ShuttleMax or MB500 Fusion) and you have a GREAT sounding and extremely light weight rig for home or small/medium gigs!

I used mine with a GK MB500 Fusion for a gospel church gig. There was a pianist/organist, drummer and 15 vocalists in the group and I never had to turn up past 4!

4. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    PM sent.

5. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    PM replied.

6. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    I completely agree! In fact, if my basses and other cab I have listed sell before this one, I might end up pulling this off the market. I really hate to get rid of it, as it really is perfect for small-medium size gigs, but I really need a new bass (or two!) more than I need this.

7. leehoop

leehoop

Jan 21, 2006
    Chicago, Ill.
    PM sent.

8. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    PM replied to.

9. ACB0015

ACB0015

Oct 27, 2010
    Portland, Maine
    What is the 12" driver in these DNA cabs? A 3012HO? Also, what does "TTT" mean in these threads? Thank you.

10. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    I'm not really sure what the driver is. I've never been curious enough to pull it to see. There's not really a wealth of information available online as far as the DNA cabs go. But judging by the specs, they're very similar to a 3012HO.

"TTT" is an abbreviation for "To The Top." Just a different way of bumping the thread.

11. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Bump for reduced price!

12. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Quite a few offers thrown at me but nothing concrete yet so the cab is still available. BUMP!

13. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Pound-for-pound, this is probably the best-sounding cab I ever owned. It sounded so much better than the Wizzy 12M it replaced. I probably should have kept it!

14. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks David! I'm thinking that I might actually just keep it now. I've moved enough gear to cover the cost of my new Lakland now so I really do not need to sell it. I just hate seeing it sitting there, not being used. It truly is a fantastic cab!

15. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

16. jreynolds2159

jreynolds2159

Oct 10, 2012
    Burlington, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, GK Endorser.
    Pm sent

17. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    SOLD! Thanks to everyone that showed interest. I wish I had more of these little guys to hook you all up with. I am already regretting my decision to let it go but at least it will be going to a home where it will get the attention it deserves... Thanks again, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.