1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Early first year G&L L1000 neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by WarriorJoe7, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    This is a pretty hard to find first year G&L neck from August of 1980.

Condition:7 This thing has been played and has some wear. It is a very nice resonant neck. The frets have about 2/3 of their life yet, but show no buzz when mounted and played. The neck has some player wear as to be expected from a 30 year old neck. Includes original tuners though the string tree is missing.

$400 plus shipping. $15-$25 in the US. $35 to Canada. $45 to most overseas locations.

DSCN6022.
    DSCN6023.
    DSCN6024.
    DSCN6025.
    DSCN6026.

2. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Photos?

3. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    1&5/8ths or 1&3/4ths?

4. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I'm pretty sure the first-year necks were all 1-11/16ths at the nut; the 2 that I have are, anyway, and this looks the same. Very thin front to back in my case.

5. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    oops sorry i forgot to answer this. It is indeed 1 11/16 (or precisely halfway between the jazz and precision bass sizes you mentioned.)

6. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    I have confirmed this has a ebony fretboard. A beautiful ebony fretboard with chocolate stripes

7. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.