1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT EB Musicman Stingray 5 FL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheezewiz, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I just got this bass a short while ago, and although I'm digging it quite a bit, I'm not going to be playing fretless enough live to justify this nice of a fretless bass. I'll get my fretless needs met down the road with something cheaper, and in the meantime, my WAV certainly does the job.

This is a 2001 (I believe) SR5. Vintage burst with a tortiseshell guard and a rosewood board, unlined fretless. This bass has the peizo pickup option, which is a GREAT feature to have on a fretless. It ads a nice "acoustic" tone that sounds fabulous by itself and even better blended in with the magnetic pickup. The board is in very good shape. There are a few minor scratches on the body of the bass. Comes with the standard musicman case. The case does have one corner "dinged", but it doesn't affect function.

In trade, I am looking for a fretted Stingray 5. I'd prefer the H/S pickup configuration, but would consider single H, or HH.
    Feel free to run other basses by me, but I don't want a jazz style (my Sadowsky covers that ground admirably), and I pretty much play five strings exclusively.

I would also consider some speaker cabinets, specifically something lightweight. Epi UL? Berg Mini stack? or similar.

I don't have any cash to ad to a deal, but would consider a deal for something of lesser value if you ad cash.

Cash price $1050 plus shipping (firm).

thMMSR5P3.

thMMSR5P.

2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    A couple of questions:

- Are there markers on the side?
    - How much does it weigh?

Thanks.

4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    There are side markers. I'd estimate weight at about 9.5 lbs. Not a lightweight, not a heavyweight.

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Can we see some bigger pics?

6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    MMSR5P3.

MMSR5P.

7. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Are the markers where they normally are (the center of frets 3, 5, 7, 9, 12) or are there markers where frets actually would be?

Yes, I'm nervous about trying unlined. :D

8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The fret markers are where the frets would actually be...on "fret" 3, 5, 7, etc. You simply line up with the dot and you're in tune.

9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Bump

10. Bump for a great looking bass. I love my fretless StingRay 5 and sure anyone will be more than happy with this bass. :bassist:

11. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    On hold pending payment.

12. I had this exact model a few years ago. Very nice bass.

13. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    and..GONE! Thank you Beaver!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.