1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: EBMM StingRay (the one that started it all)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jmattbassplaya, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Hey guys,

Up for sale is my EBMM StingRay 4H in honeyburst. This was my first (good) bass and it's the one that ultimately made me fall in love with music and playing. I could go into a sob story, but I'd rather look on the plus side and hope that it goes on to a younger bassist who's looking for his or her first real workhorse :)

Just a little back story - I bought the bass new from Guitar Center back in the summer of 2004. I have taken very good care of it and it is cosmetically in very good condition (about an 8/10). There is one small chip in the paint that goes through the finish (which I have pictured), and it has your typical nicks on the headstock and 'belt swirls' on the back.

As of now the bass is set with fairly low action, so for you diggers you might want to stay away from this bass. For you guys with a lighter touch, however, the bass plays very quickly and is very smooth to the touch.

Sound-wise, it's a StingRay :D If you're familiar with what they sound like then you should know what to expect here. Now just as a heads up, the jack has given me some minor issues in the past with some light crackling, however, when I plugged the bass in last night and earlier today (which was the first time I have done so in almost a year and a half lol) I had zero issues with it.

The bass will also come with a nice EBMM fitted case, one or two spare 9v's, and I think I also have an unopened pack of Dunlops that I can throw in as well. As for pictures, feel free to take a look!

StingRay002.jpg

StingRay005.jpg

StingRay003.jpg

StingRay011.jpg

StingRay006.jpg

You can somewhat see the chip in the paint here, but it was hard to photograph without getting some glare. It's rather small and 'clean' and could possible be refinished.

StingRay008.jpg

AdditionalPhotos008.jpg

AdditionalPhotos010.jpg

Here's another of the chip. Again, it was hard to photograph.

AdditionalPhotos012.jpg

Asking Price: $865. ConUS only please. Add $15 if I have to ship west of the Mississippi.

Trade Interests: I've been looking to get into Spectors, so a nice Euro or Euro LX with a PJ configuration would be awesome. I also wouldn't mind giving a Modulus Flea or FU another go as the last one I had was really cool. I will add $$ to these deals. And feel free to throw any other offers my way!

Thanks!

2. Simply GORGEOUS! I wish you put this up a three weeks ago when I was looking for a new Ray. Someone is going to take home a true beauty! GLWTS!

3. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Thanks! I always thought it had one of the best burst finishes that I have ever seen on a MusicMan bass :)

4. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Beaut. I'm want a 5 but may hold on for a while if this is still available when mine sells.

5. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    That sold much quicker than I thought it would :D

Thanks for all the interest and kind words!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.