Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Eden 410XLT, Nevigator pre, Stewart 1000w/Ohio

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tim Cole, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    410XLT in VG-ex condition. 8 ohm cab, 700 watts. All speakers are 100%, I also installed a new grill and handles to give it that fresh new look. I'd really prefer not to ship this, as it is a major PITA, but may be willing to meet half way for a trade. Asking $600, or I am willing to trade this for is a newer Ampeg 810e. Must be in good shape, and been well maintained.

Eden WP-100 Navigator pre. Mint, comes with manual, footswitch, midi, and power cables. Asking $600 shipped in lower 48.

Stewart WPA-1000: single rackspace, convection cooled, I believe this unit is 11# 1000w bridged @ 4 ohms, 700w bridged at 8. Said to be stable down to 2 ohms, although I haven't tried it. Comes with manual, original box, ect. VGC, one small scratch. $325 shipped. May do some dealing on the pre and power amp for trade on a newer SVT 4 pro.

The eden stuff sounds unreal, I am just in a LOUD band situation, where most of the time the backline is the only sound we get, and want to get something bigger than will cover every situation, without having to run it hard. Bigger is better right?

Located in NW Ohio, prices may be a little negotiable, but please don't insult. I'm only interested in trading for the pieces listed, sorry.

[​IMG]

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Is that Stewart still for sale?

Peace
    Nick

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I sold the amp and tried another with the same rig, night and day. After trying a new power amp with this rig, I would reccomend the stewart amps to no one. Grossly over rated power, it shuts down in the middle of songs if you push it too hard, just a bad deal. Had I known how bad it was in comparison with even crown's lowest lines, I wouldn't of even attempted to seell this to a TB'er. I didn't realize how bad it sucked until later!

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My back hates you and my chiropracter loves you. :p

Peace
    Nick

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    just wanted to hopefully save you from buying something that probably won't work out. If $ is a factor at all, check out Crown's XLS line. I bought it just to try with my setup, just to see if it solved the problems I had with the stewart. Heck, it works great! Good clean tone, massive power, and so far very reliable. I get 1200W bridged at 8, and 1680 @4. The only downside? Ya, it is a bit heavy, doesn't really bother me. The fan is kinda noisy, but that doesn't bother me either. For $325 brand new, shipepd with warranty, it can't be beat. I like high end gear, and if I honestly thought this was any sort of a weak link in the chain, it would have been replaced long ago. Great amp! PS, on the far right on the navigator is my master volume, check out where it is set. That's my gigging volume, which clipping the stewart still couldn't come close to. I've never had it higher than a tick above 2, and that's with one 410XLT, 8 ohm.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    That Crown is too big for me.

I have a QSC USA 850 (or 900?) and its three spaces, pretty heavey, and not enough power.

I have an 8 space case and have 6 and a half spaces full but would like to add a rack tunner and power conditioner while still leaving room for air to vent through over the amp.

Thanks for the tip off, but I think I might just look for a more powerful Stewart instead.

Peace
    Nick

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Oh, I forgot to add that Im a Navigator user too. I added a Sansamp RBI to the signal chain for those times where I need a more rock and roll overdriven tone.

Peace
    Nick