1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Elrick NJS5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by trutone, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Reduced to $1600

This is a bass I bought from Cory here about 8 months ago (you can see feedback from him on page 2). It's a beautiful custom Elrick NJS5 - Rob's workmanship is nothing if not fastidious - and still in excellent shape. It's been out of the case a handful of times since I got it. Small mark by input jack and few light marks on rear side of bass, otherwise perfect.

DSCN0309-1.

Realised I'm more of a passive J guy, though I have to admit the bart pups and pre would sit very well in a mix. The bass also has an awesome neck, nice flattened C with great access to the upper frets.

You can see Cory's original description and pics here. And one photo in attachments below.

Specs:

Swamp ash body
    Heavily figured Burled maple top (it's a looker)
    High grade rosewood board
    Maple neck
    Ebony topped headstock
    35 inch scale (though Rob sets the bridge back so that it feels more like 34 but with a killer B string)
    Bartolini j pickups and pre
    Pickups at 70's spacings
    Custom knob layout with Vol, Blend, Treb, Mid, Bass
    Black Hardware that includes matching straplocks
    Weight is exactly 9.0 lbs on my digital scale
    EXTREMELY comfortable and balanced.
    Frets in excellent shape
    Comes with G&L case

$1600 + shipping.

I'll do my best to get to PMs asap.

Attached Files:

2. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Always loved those NJS's. Great playing and sounding instrument. Total stunning when you find them with the pink(forget the wood) fingerboard.

3. It's a great bass. I'm almost a little hesitant to trade/sell it because it's built so well but the sound isn't quite what I need right now and it would be a travesty to mess with this bass. (I think the pink is a kind of pink ivory. This is a rosewood board, still a great looking bass).

4. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Not seeing any photos in the original post ... :confused:

Does this bass have a push/pull freq select on the mid control?

5. The photos are down the bottom of Cory's original post but can be seen here.

This is a custom NJS so bit different to Rob's usual layout. The mids are set to the mid-frequency mids (at least what I've found most effective) but this can be adjusted in the cavity to low or high mids.

6. lotusland9663

lotusland9663 Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Vancouver BC Canada
    PM'd

7. Thank You Leo

Thank You Leo Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2002
    CT
    Thanks - that is sweet.

8. Bump.

9. jpbiggs

jpbiggs

Oct 22, 2009
    Davis, CA
    My New Jazz Standard 5 sounds amazing :) Free bump!

10. I've attached a couple more of Cory's photos below as haven't had time to do my own at the moment. I'm sure he'd also vouch for the smoothness of our transaction when I bought the bass from him - just in case anyone's wondering on that score.

As you can see the neck gives great access to the upper frets and the figured top is pretty amazing. It's a beautiful instrument.

Attached Files:

11. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    That's a beaut! What does the neck measure at the nut and 12th fret?

12. I'm pretty sure it's 1 7/8" at the nut but will check when I get home and post the 12th fret measurement. Unless anyone knows in the meantime.

13. Bump.

14. bumpity.

15. Just as a heads up on delivery. I'm in SoCal. I can easily deliver the bass in the San Diego area. I'll also be in the LA area in about 3 weeks and can potentially deliver the bass personally then if someone's interested.

Everywhere else it'll be packed and shipped but just in case your SD, LA or OC.

16. Bump.

17. A few good trade offers but nothing accepted at the moment. I would probably prefer cash at this present juncture unless it's exactly the right trade.

18. rashrader

rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Suh-Weet!!!! Bumpin'!!!

19. Bump.

20. Some good trade offers but not quite what I'm looking for. At this stage I would prefer a sale and am open to offers.