1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Ernie Ball Stingray 5H in vintage sunburst/maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by capofirstfret, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Closing this thread, decided to hold onto the bass a little longer.

I've got a beautiful vintage sunburst EBMM Stingray 5H. I've had it for 6 years now and I bought it after the first owner had it for one month.

It's in amazing condition. Some obligatory dirt on the fretboard (that I'll clean before sale), a couple of minor nicks (minor mark on headstock, pen tip sized spot on the body, a couple of minor scratches). All in all for a bass that has been played for 6 years pretty solidly, this thing is in immaculate condition. I take great care of my instruments and make sure they are in the best condition possible both aesthetically and playability.

So what's the problem? I'm a four string guy. I know I am. I have a Highway One P-Bass that gets more play than this thing because I just prefer 4 strings. So I'm looking to trade this thing for very specific items. Please do not just contact me with every random piece of gear. I will accept trade offers, but it will need to be within a very specific range.

I'm looking for a 4 string Stingray, Jazz Bass, or POSSIBLY other USA made basses based on the Jazz design. I am only interested in basses in sunburst finishes or variations of the olympic/vintage white hue. I prefer tortoise shell pickguards and rosewood fretboards but those are not dealbreakers.

If no trade can be found, I will let it go at $1100 obo + actual shipping.

Cash may need to be added depending on the bass though I don't want to trade for a high enough end bass that I need to add cash to the deal. Times are hard, and student loans are awful.

Though my presence here at talk bass has been minimal (I'm an avid lurker), I have sterling feedback on ebay and the Seymour Duncan forum.

I will take better high resolution photographs when I get off work today, but until then here are some preliminary photos of the bass to hopefully spark a little interest. (forgive the finger smudges, I didn't wipe it down before I took these photos).

ErnieBallStingrayBody.

ErnieBallstingray2.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Price?

3. Editted to include price.

4. PM's replied to. If you're not comfortable with my price, feel free to shoot me an offer. Worst I can say is no!

5. Bump!

6. To the top! Will take better photos tonight.

7. Price lowered to $1100 obo + actual shipping. Perhaps my original price was a bit ambitious.

8. Bump

9. jaysbassspace

jaysbassspace Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Hoboken, NJ
    I don't see the pics... Am I missing something?

10. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Is a case included?

11. There were definitely pics in the original post, but I snapped a few more with my cell phone:

Photobucket album

and some teaser photos:

2012-01-08_13-40-51_307.

2012-01-08_13-39-45_635.

2012-01-08_13-39-19_675.

yes, the original hardshell case and all case candy is included. I will have to get the stickers and stencil off the case (should come off fairly easy).

12. Tuesday morning bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.