1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Essex SJB75 in 3TS w/ Block and bound maple fretboard +EXTRAS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ElBajista, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    For Sale: My trusty SX SJB75. I had some extensive modification projects in mind for this bass, but with the upcoming Fall semester I just have no time. Also, I keep eyeing those new Douglas 6 string on Rondo, so I need to free up some cash. :D

Completely stock with some slight modifications:

• EDIT: The bass also has a Stewmac Tusq Nut installed, the stock nut was crap, and this on is much higher quality.

• There are some small screwholes in the back of the headstock for Hipshot Ultralite tuners. Some slight scratches and very minor dings in the finish.
    • Also, the back of the neck has been slightly sanded down, as I can't stand the thick heavy finish that these have from the factory. The neck is now much more comfortable, and a helluva lot faster.
    • This bass has been completely shielded with StewMac shielding tape, and has been tested with a voltometer for optimum coverage and shielding.
    • The control cavity has been slightly widened with a Dremel to better fit J-retro, Audere, or other onboard preamps. The control cavity will also now fit CTS standard-size pots, as the stock pots are of the "mini" variety. The control plate completely covers up the modification.

These go for $160 +shipping from Rondo. I'll let this go for $115 plus actual shipping costs (depends on your zip). I'll throw in a high-quality TBC gigbag for an additional $25. If you want the chrome pickup covers let me know and if I can find them I'll throw those in too. I take Paypal, and I'll ship with whichever carrier the Buyer specifies.

Doesn't come with the BAII bridge in the photos.

IMG_1554.

IMG_1556.

IMG_1553.

Photo of the TBC gigbag:
    IMG_1874.

Another:
    IMG_1876.

2. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    So, the bridge on the SX would not come w/ the bass? Is that the badAss that you have for sale separatly? Also, how are the frets and is there any hum from the electronics?

3. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    The bridge on the SX in the photos is a BAII, that does not come with the bass for the initial asking price. It certainly can be included, for the right price. :D Otherwise, the bass comes with the stock Fender-style bridge.

The Frets are decent. It isn't a Lakland or Sadowsky by any means, but they are definitely better than most basses of this same pricerange that I've played. The electronics, being passive single-coil pickups, do have the 60-cycle hum to a degree, but the pots are silent.

I also forgot to include that this bass has been completely shielded with StewMac shielding tape, and has been tested with a voltometer for correct shielding.

Another thing that slipped my mind is that the control cavity has been slightly widened to better fit J-retro, Audere, or other onboard preamps. The control cavity will also now fit CTS standard-size pots, as the stock pots are of the "mini" variety. The control plate completely covers up the modification.

4. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    What is the switch for on the control plate? Is it stock V/V/T controls?

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    That is on a different wiring harness I made up. I wired up a harness with CTS pots and a Series/Parallel switch. The bass will come with the stock electronics.

6. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    BAII has sold, so it's no longer available. Otherwise, the SX is still here, with a pricedrop!

7. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    I'd be takers w/ bag, but I'm a little short on free cash until next week.

8. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Bump!

9. centralharbor

centralharbor

Nov 21, 2005
    hawaii
    paypal? also, how are you going to ship (i.e. usps, ups, fedex, dhl, etc...) and did you find the ashtrays?

I'm definitely interested.

10. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    All PMs replied!

11. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    SOLD!

Thread Status: