1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT EU: Skjold 5-string PS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vilkai, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    All right, having three Skjolds provides too much overlap.
    This one's got the Skjold electronics with vol/selector/tre/bass controls, maple neck and mahogany body. As you probably know, Pete makes some of the most playable basses out there, and the tonal versalitily is perhaps unparallelled.

I'll be left with the fancier five and the sixer so rest assured I'm not selling because it's not a good bass! This one has more body and presence in the low-mids, I think from the mahogany than the other fiver and a lovely snap which the sixer doesn't have as it doesn't have a maple board.

The natural mahogany has imo a lovely grain, and Pete's finish makes the basses really 'live' in the flesh even with clear finish. Hard to photograph well, I took these photos from different angles, one with flash and the other without.

I've found something I want, therefore cutting the price but no longer interested in trades, really. Could go for something, but cash is what I'd prefer.
    edited to add: the bass is in mint condition.

Looking for USD1600.

The bass is located in Finland and I'll happily ship anywhere in the world. Don't have much feedback here, my ebay.co.uk account is vilkain and I think Fullrange would be happy to comment on our trades in the past. I pack instruments well before I ship them.

2. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    more pics

3. Hi,

What's the scale length and string spacing on this bad boy?

Jay.

4. Budha bass

Budha bass

Feb 19, 2009
    Paris / France
    I can insure Vilkai is an honnest guy, without any problems.
    I already traded a bass with him between France and Finland.
    All was OK.

So good luck with the sale/trade Vilkai !

5. That's a nice piece of mahogany you got there

and I guess it's 18 mm

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Scale length will be 35". Pete JUST built his first 34" scale very recently, and everything prior to that was 35".

7. Thanks for the info :)

Jay

8. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    Vilkai is a top notch guy. Never had any issues with him at any level (from description and communication to packaging and shipping). We have bought, sold from one another, and have traded between us more high-end basses than most people would do in a life-time. Highly recommended

9. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    weekend bump. paper* deadline approaches fast, brace for impact!

*a humble bachelor's thesis but sill

10. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    bump for price adjustment

11. Molan

Molan

Dec 13, 2003
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Another vote for Ville as a great guy to deal with.

Posted a bass to me (from Finland to the UK) before any payment had even been made :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.