1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Feeeeler: MPG Level 5 in Gospel White

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by blueacid4l, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueacid4l

blueacid4l Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2006
    SO... here are the specs:

34" Scale
    5 String
    Ebony Board
    Ash Body
    Seymour Duncan Custom Shop SMB5A for 19mm spacing (non exposed covers)
    Nordstrand 3 band pre active/passive
    push pull for Series/Parallel
    Passive Tone

Why am I selling? The build took a little longer than original quoted ( 3 or 4 months longer) time.. SO.. my MM gas got a hold of me and I acquired a 5 String Musicman with the Piezo option ( which Matt Pulcinella told me he doesn't do ). I ended up really liking the Piezo option A LOT so now I have 2 basses in the same Ballpark Sonic Spectrum. I paid $1800 for the bass and $400 for the Custom Duncan so it's valued @ $2400 and I just received it around 2 months ago.

I'm selling outright for $1900 and .. NO WAIT. It's a real stunning bass.. I was going for a Yamaha Signature Nathan East vibe and Matt really delivered.

As far as trades... run anything by me. I would be really interested in a Fretless with a piezo option, A Lowend Jazz,.. but really anything. Just a few rules.. must be a 5er, can't be more than 34" scale, and no Fenders ( nothing against Fenders.. I just already have a couple ).

Here's a link to the pic:

376659_10150442493810380_110501330379_10825624_264791939_n.jpg picture by blueacid4l - Photobucket

2. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Bump. As per requests I'll be posting a few more pics in the coming days.

Attached Files:

3. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Spectacular. Matt builds beautiful basses.

4. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Bumpin' tha MPG's

5. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Bump

6. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Hopefully I'll have the pics up this afternoon. BUMP

7. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    BUMP.. I forgot all about this thread with all the work I've had and learning a good chunk of catalog for some upcoming gigs. I'll get the pics posted from my phone this afternoon.

8. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Gorgeous Pulcinella bass...I have owned a few and Matt does indeed do amazing work. Someone will be very happy with this one.

9. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Better pics ( sort of ) as promised. The bass still has the plastic on the back cavity cover. I also have a scratch clip recorded for those interested. Thanks!

2012-01-15130610. 2012-01-15130536. 2012-01-15130721.

10. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Price Drop to $1700 AND I'll open up trades for Acme Cabs plus $

11. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Bump

12. mikeddd

mikeddd Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow, nice bass! Sorta like a single cut, but not. Very nice. I'm not a 5'er guy, but GLWTS. :)

13. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

yes please...and what's the weight?

14. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Sure, PM me with your email and I can attach the mp3. I need to get my scale out, but I can tell you it's the lightest bass I've ever owned... I was actually surprised the first time I lifted it out of the case. I'll get you a # this weekend.

15. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    PM sent...

16. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks for the link...the bass sounds amazing! I'm trying to get the funds together.

If you can manage to weigh it, let me know.

17. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Hey thanks for the compliment, just wanking in poor taste.. lol. I'll post a weight for everyone... like I said.. great bass but just too much in the sonic realm of my Musicman.. I just like the versatility of the piezo.. I prefer the classy streamlined look and the 24 frets of this one... and it can nail the Tom Kennedy tone with everything flat more than the Ray... but my gigs these days don't really require that....

18. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    Weight weighs in @ just under 9 lbs according to my bathroom scale. Also, I had someone ask about the Nordstrand preamp... it sounds like a less aggressive Sadowsky with a mid band... this is actually one of the few preamps I can max out and it sounds good. With my East and especially my Aguilars.. a little goes a long way and is very hit or miss in a live setting.

19. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    BUMP

20. blueacid4l

Mar 9, 2006
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.