1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD fs/ft feeler clean '74 jazz with goodies!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coronado3, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Feeler for right now
    fs/ft feeler a super clean '74 jazz. Almost all original condition with case, covers and HANG TAG! This is the best jazz I've had my hands on. Black, 3 bolt, etc. Clean neck, frets, a few scrapes and finish checking on the body, but not much. Neck is super CLEAN! It weighs a smidge over 10 lbs with the covers on.

The only things that aren't original are the pickups which are Duncan antiquity II and sound fantastic, and the pots (although I think I have the original pots around here somewhere!) I almost forgot, there is a battery rout under the pickguard if you want to go active.

This thing looks and sounds like Geddy's ~ Bright and lively with a tight bottom.

Trade for USA SSD or Spector 5ers, euro 5ers + cash or possibly zon sonus 5ers.
    Also sell for $2000 obo
    IMAG0011_zps017bc3a7.
    IMAG0016_zpse363651e.

2. chobass

chobass

Jan 22, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Could I know its weight?

3. basser05

basser05 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Im fairly certain that I would trade my foot for this. This is going to be one of those basses I look at the thread 15x a day until its sold! Glwts man!

Free bump!

4. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    what size foot and whats it weigh? ;)

5. jamminology101

jamminology101

Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    I just bought a '73....which was last year of black blocks and had a 4 bolt neck that obviously they were phasin out as well. Bump for a great player...I love the chunkier but THIN ass nut that only measures 1.42"!!!!!....someone is gonna love this bass and it is a steal...

6. Darmatyoru

Darmatyoru

Dec 19, 2012
    Tx
    Wow...

7. shrigg

shrigg Beta Tester for AudioKinesis Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Nice bass! 3 or 4 bolt neck?

8. jamminology101

jamminology101

Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    I think it is the most comfortable neck I have ever played....the tight 7.5" radius is an acquired taste ...grabbing the g string can be tricky until u have enough repetitions under ur belt but worth the tradeoff. I think the extra wood makes these things a tone monster....someone buy this thing before I do!!!

9. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    You want a toe? I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon. With nail polish. Beautiful J bump.

10. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Cheaper than the new '74 reissue. GLWTS.

11. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78!

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    YES! exactly what I just thought. I had to re-read to make sure I was reading this is NOT a reissue. Very nice and GLWTS for sure.

12. If the foot has flats and a tort guard it might make good trade bait. Does it cut or sit in the mix?

13. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Free bump this used to be my old bass and it kills....I miss it greatly but had to get my ns2o back :) ....damn I wish I had trade bait!

14. patas75

patas75

Jan 26, 2011
    Duarte, CA
  15. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Beautiful! I wish it were a 5 string. I have a SSD ns4 already, so I have 4 string spectors covered.

16. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    founder, AceNote Inc.
    I have a Zon Sonus Special 4 about to get posted for sale. I know, you are looking for a 5, but hey this is worth a shot!

17. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Couple of possible trades in the works, but last call for a US made SSD ns5 or cash! Price lowered to $2000. Offers?

18. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    founder, AceNote Inc.
    Looks like this bad girl is making the trip to California.

:hyper:

19. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1 for this bass being hot.

Not to derail, but I have the EXACT same bass as your '73. Year, neck, 4 bolt, etc. Early '70's Jazz basses are generally killer!

20. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah this one is a sweety!
    Traded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.