1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Feeler: EBMM Stingray 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tom F, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    Not sure if I want to move this, but wanted to at least see what kind of interest is out there.

Some details:
    • Black Cherry Burst Finish w/ Matching Headstock, Single H. There's actually some nice visible grain that didn't photograph very well
    • DOB according the kind folks at Music Man is 9/15/05, so it has the ceramic pickup
    • 10.4 Pounds on my bathroom scale, which isn't too bad. I used a wide strap and the weight wasn't a major issue
    • Some honest player wear - 3 small but visible paint chips (pictured below) and some other very minor wear (light scratches on the pickguard, a couple small dings that I couldn't photograph). This was my main gigging bass for a couple of years. when I was playing for a pretty busy cover band.
    • MM hardshell case
    • Bass is strung with a relatively fresh set of slinkies, and I'll throw in another unopened pack.

Curious what's out there. Mainly looking for a 4 string bass - would love a 2-Band Stingray, nice P-Bass or Jazz, older L2K, etc. Would consider selling for $1050 shipped in the continental US, overseas vis UPS for actual shipping cost. Discount for a local deal.

I reserve the right to come to my senses at any point and hold onto this. It's a really nice sounding Stingray, and I know the only reason I'm even thinking about moving it is because I haven't gigged in a while due to a baby in the house (ours, not some random baby, which is a pretty funny idea).

Lots of pics below, and more here. The Music Man website has a really nice picture of what the burst actually looks like.

IMG_2737.
    IMG_2729.
    IMG_2732.
    IMG_2734.
    Ray5_3.
    Ray5_2.
    Ray5_1.

2. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    More PM's returned. Still available.

Some specifics on potential trades: Would love one of the following 4 strings:
    • Big Al SSS
    • 2 Band Ray
    • P-Bass
    • Jazz
    • mid 80's G&L (my dream G&L is a hog bodied L2K with a burst finish and maple board)

Not really negotiable on price at the moment.

3. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Union County, NJ
    And it's gone...off to Florida!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.