1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT feeler: Epifani NYC 4x10

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SanDiegoHarry, May 10, 2010.

1. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'll have photos up shortly...

Gigged with maybe 15 times - Bought in 2000 from LA Bass Exchange. Great shape, absolutely insane tone - lows like you thought you could never produce.

Heck, if you're looking at this, you know what it is. It is heavy as hell and built like a tank - but the sound... oh the sound...

So if it's so great, why would I rid myself of it? Well, I have a Epi NYC 2x10, and I just acquired another one - and the gigs I've been playing for the last several years haven't demanded a maximum rig... So why keep it?

Oh - and it has the heavy-duty cover, bought from the good folks at Epifani. I think that cost me another $120...

And no, it doesn't have casters.

Okay, about price: $750 *or* I'm willing to consider a trade toward a higher end bass - - I'm a big Zon fan, but I'm willing to consider just about anything that is US made and nice. I'm really *looking* for a nice 5 string fretless, but like I said, I'm open minded.

Now, as shipping this beast will be spendy, I'd prefer local folks (San Diego or So Cal), but if you're willing to eat the shipping, we can do business.

Like I said - photos shortly (my darned GF borrowed my camera so I need to improvise...)

thanks

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Hi Harry--What does the cabinet weigh with the cover on?

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Good lord... I dunno. The cover is light - a pound or so. The cab -- hoo boy, it's heavy. I don't have a home scale, so I can't be exact - I *can* schlep it by myself if I have to, but it sucks!