1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Feeler: Fender American Vintage '75

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mstott25, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Sorry guys, I decided to keep this one!

For Sale: [DEL]$1250 Shipped[/DEL]

Only trades I'm interested in right now:
    [DEL]Musicman Sterling 4 HS
    *maybe* a Bongo 4 HH or HS but pictures of that bad boy had really speak to me because I'm pretty smitten by the Sterling right now.
    *possibly* a Big Al 4 S S S[/DEL]

This Fender is the best jazz bass I've ever owned. The neck is fast, action is low and it sounds great.

youtube video
    '75 Jazz I
    '75 Jazz II

More Pics Here

So%20Childish%20339.jpg
    So%20Childish%20342.jpg

2. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Nice tracks and a beautiful bass!

3. I have the same bass but in a different case. I have played and owned many different basses, and Fender really hit a home run with this one. I love mine. This is a fair price on an awesome bass.

What year is this one?

4. DynaFlow

DynaFlow

Mar 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Does it include the neck and pickup covers and OHSC (or just the case shown)?

5. seungkoo

seungkoo Inactive

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    Custom shop peavy cirrus 5 stringer?

6. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Hey Russell, the serial number starts with Z7 so I'm assuming it's a 2007 or 2008???

No pickup covers and it comes shipped in the case that is shown in the pictures.

Not much experience with the Peavey Cirrus, I'll have to pass. Thanks for the offer!

7. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    You'll be back. ;)
    I think most of us have said that a time or two in our lives ... I know I have. :D

I dug my '75RI MIJ ... I can only imagine how sweet this one is ... so BUMP for a SWEET one! :)

8. Limpingbass

Limpingbass

Sep 19, 2008
    IL
    I am a fan of your jazz bass sound. I think I kept the sample you posted when you were selling a jazz before. Please stay with the jazz bass!

9. bobby-haines

bobby-haines

Jun 22, 2009
    Boston, MA
    . . .for the bass, demo video, demo tracks and player!

10. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Fantastic bass (I just got one) at a great price!

Bump!

(Nice playing on those tracks, too, mstott25.)

11. eaflyaway

eaflyaway

Mar 21, 2008
    more pic?

12. Barry Demay

Barry Demay

Feb 18, 2009
    Akron, Ohio
    beauty bass

13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Not Impressed By Those Who Flaunt “Authority” Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    As soon as I can sell my Acacia, I'm checking this thread to see if it's still for sale.

14. I have a EBMM Sterling up on here, check it out and let me know what you think.

What's the weight?

15. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Thanks! These basses are Fender's best kept secret.

see first post!

Thanks!

Weight is a tad under 9lbs on the bathroom scale (8.8).
    Thanks for the offer on your Sterling, I'm pretty set on getting an HS at this point.

Update
    I'm really becoming less and less interested in trades at this point. I'll leave the trade option there but [DEL]I might put this bad boy up on Ebay tonight for kicks and giggles[/DEL]. Whoa! Nevermind, I didn't realize how much it cost to sell on ebay these days, I'll leave this guy here for a while.

16. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    :bassist:

hey thanks for all the interest everybody, I've considered all the trades/cash offers but at this point I decided I'd kick myself to let this bass go.

I'm going to add a musicman to my stable but I decided I'd rather buy one than trade for this Fender.

For you jazz bass fans, I'm telling you these American Vintage basses are the heat! Definitely check one out and you won't be disappointed, unfortunately I'm going to be holding on to mine for a while :smug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.